• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Manager Sacked/Hired Thread 2023/24

Deutsch Wolf

aka Dawn
Reaction score
All change please, all change.

Queen's Park have gone all continental to replace former TWF favourite Owen Coyle. Robin Veldman, ex-assistant manager at Anderlecht. They're also back playing at Hampden next season.

Is that a different club from QPR? Assume yes if Hampden is coming up…

Is that a different club from QPR? Assume yes if Hampden is coming up…
Yes
QPR - London
Queen's Park - Tiny team in Scotland. They will essentially use 1 block seats at Hampden to put their fan in

Queen's Park were fully amateur until not long ago. Pretty much the last one ever in senior ranks in the UK. Not even semi-pro.

Andy Robertson played for them when Celtic released him as a kid.

I think Partick Thistle are probably the deepest pull I can make from the Scottish pyramid.

Naturally, because they once had this tacky shirt (which I love):
partick-thistle-away-football-shirt-2012-2013-s_42308_1.jpg

Although in having searched for that, I see they're based in Glasgow, so maybe not really that deep a cut!

I think Partick Thistle are probably the deepest pull I can make from the Scottish pyramid.

Naturally, because they once had this tacky shirt (which I love):
partick-thistle-away-football-shirt-2012-2013-s_42308_1.jpg

Although in having searched for that, I see they're based in Glasgow, so maybe not really that deep a cut!
My brother has some friends near Glasgow and he said for those who don't want to get into any kind of ruckus, and/or in the wrong part of the city, just say they are Partick Thistle fans instead of Celtic or Rangers, then people don't bother them then haha.

Also equal 5th most successful trophy wise in Scotland (level with Hibs) although last one was over 100 years ago.
Were in the running for most of last season for promotion to SPL.
Yes, they made it into a load of FA Cup semi-finals back in 18-whatever before the Scottish FA Cup was a thing.

Going to a Queens Park game at Hampden is an experience everyone should have once. It's wierd, although you do have to be careful because they often play at Little Hampden next door.

Think Lesser Hampden is having yet another makeover, they'll make their mind up eventually.

They've played at Falkirk, Partick and Stenhousemuir for the last three seasons.

Michael Duff likely to get the Swansea job when Russell Martin's ego eventually lands at Southampton.

Looking forward to him ditching them at the first opportunity to go back to the Premier League!

Surprised by that, he did well under the circumstances

Gary O'Neil sacked by Bournemouth
Bit surprised by this. He did a cracking job keeping them up, but then I can only imagine a 'bigger' name has come available?

Brodge going back to Celtic is a good move for him and them.

Back