• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Manager Sacked/Hired Thread 2023/24

Something’s happened behind the scenes maybe? Only thing I can think; they didn’t look massively likely to go down for quite a good bit of the final run in, IMO.

Makes little sense to me otherwise.

New owners are putting in a lot of money, so I guess they see GO as being limited and their aim isn't just to survive.

Interesting to see who they replace him with

New owners are putting in a lot of money, so I guess they see GO as being limited and their aim isn't just to survive.

Interesting to see who they replace him with
Didn’t realize they had new ownership, that definitely changes the maths, as it were.

Didn’t realize they had new ownership, that definitely changes the maths, as it were.
From the States so surely you know them..

On 13 December 2022, the club was purchased from previous owner Maxim Demin by Black Knight Football Club, a partnership led by American businessman Bill Foley and Cannae Holdings. The minority ownership group is led by Hollywood actor Michael B. Jordan and Kosmos Founder Nullah Sarker.

MBJ has a piece of them?? Shit, now I kind of like them…

Very harsh but he’ll get a good job pretty quickly I’d imagine, quite possibly at a club with better long term prospects than Bournemouth. Seen it before when a promoted team does unexpectedly well and then struggles the following season and can see them following that route.

I think they simply think O'Neil is limited and they want someone with a bit more pedigree in there.

I can see a new manager being announced very soon.

I think they simply think O'Neil is limited and they want someone with a bit more pedigree in there.

I can see a new manager being announced very soon.

Obviously haven't cottoned on that Bournemouth are pretty limited too...

Andoni Iraola the clear early favourite.
Potter was the clearer really early favourite...guess that was just the bookies scrambling out names to get some early ££ in though

Potter will get linked with every single non-top six job that comes up for a while, any higher end Champo ones too. The new Curbishley 16/1.

Back