• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Manager Sacked/Hired Thread 2017/18

John Askey in at Shrewsbury.

Saw his Macclesfield side against Tranmere in February, thought they played some nice stuff for that level and have done fantastic considering they had one of, if not the smallest budget in the league that year. Could be a really good replacement for Hurst.

Shitfact: I did my Uefa B badge with John Askey when he was a player for Macc.

Nice bloke.

If they do hire Bielsa then things are going to go batshit mental. Either brilliant or a total disaster area.

Coventry assistant manager Steve Taylor has left the job due to health reasons,he collapsed at the training ground a while ago with a bleed on the brain,Adrian viveash to take the job over

About what?! - he's done a decent job, but can't see that they would be interested in him

Conte will be going, Napoli want compensation for Sarri, Chelsea not going ahead with their stadium and Roman can't get a UK visa.

Interesting times for Chelsea

I do like Jokanovic but that would be quite the odd appointment.

Plays very attractive football and developing a young player like Sessegnon (WHO IS JUST EIGHTEEN YEARS OLD), I suppose he ticks a couple of boxes in terms of what Chelsea may be looking for going forwards. Also probably a lot cheaper than the usual type they go for at a time where they have some uncertainty.

He'd want full control of recruitment. Would Chelsea give him that?

I'd imagine he'd be willing to make concessions in how he normally do things to get a chance like that tbf.

Conte will be going, Napoli want compensation for Sarri, Chelsea not going ahead with their stadium and Roman can't get a UK visa.

Interesting times for Chelsea
According to the Beeb, Abramovic has withdrawn his UK Visa application. They also report that his application to extend his investor visa had not been refused or denied.

John Sheridan appointed as the new manager of Carlisle

According to the Beeb, Abramovic has withdrawn his UK Visa application. They also report that his application to extend his investor visa had not been refused or denied.

He's taken Israeli citizenship so can come & go into the EU when he likes (what happens after Brexit is another issue, but on current performance that's years away) - don't think that he can reside here permanently, but suspect that he didn't anyway before now.

You can guarantee he isn't spending £1bn on that stadium now. Which is probably a wise thing. The cost was stupid

You can guarantee he isn't spending £1bn on that stadium now. Which is probably a wise thing. The cost was stupid

Spending that on a stadium was not a great plan even if he intended to stick around - where it was would have had commercial possibilities, but that amount of investment takes some pulling back

I don't know what they do there. The ground isn't big enough for a serious elite European club. The land value is ridiculously high but it also means developing it is a pain in the arse and will take ages. The talk was they were going to play at Wembley for FOUR years! And because of their 80s/90s legacy, they basically aren't allowed to leave Stamford Bridge because a separate company owns the pitch and it's mandated that Chelsea can only play there.

Four years doesn't sound that unreasonable to be fair, Tottenham's has been three years in the making and they got to make a start before they had to knock the old ground down, having to demolish the existing ground first is going to add a big chunk of time to the programme. The nature of the site will make it a pain in the arse too, blocked in on all sides, only two points of access and they're from a fairly small road, railway all down one side just for added complication.

Wasn't there a new connection into the underground station too? Think it was an elevated walkway that came round the back towards the railway line to save everyone having to filter out onto the street and queue up outside the station into the road. Further work to add to the time and costs.

I still think he's playing face as much as anything, things not going his way with the Visa so pulls a big investment, bye bye cash and job opportunities and everything else that it'd create. If/when his Visa/residency is resolved I imagine the development will magically reappear on the agenda.

Back