• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Manager Sacked/Hired Thread 2023/24

Ironically his only relative success was at Derby because of Rosenior who they'd already approached and had knocked them back.

If he fails you’d expect that’s him done. Although with Plymouth you’d imagine they call 21st success?

If he fails you’d expect that’s him done. Although with Plymouth you’d imagine they call 21st success?
I think Pompey will do alright next season, Derby are probably going to be bottom six though with continuing financial restrictions and Warne in charge, and Oxford will be down there too.

I suppose fair play he's taking on these kind of jobs, the likes of Gerrard and Lampard seem to see this stuff as beneath them and loads of others from the mid-2000s generation don't want to know at all in terms of management (I know Lampard managed in the Championship but only when an already top 6 Derby team were throwing money at it and getting freebie Chelsea favours on loan).

I think Pompey will do alright next season, Derby are probably going to be bottom six though with continuing financial restrictions and Warne in charge, and Oxford will be down there too.

I suppose fair play he's taking on these kind of jobs, the likes of Gerrard and Lampard seem to see this stuff as beneath them and loads of others from the mid-2000s generation don't want to know at all in terms of management (I know Lampard managed in the Championship but only when an already top 6 Derby team were throwing money at it and getting freebie Chelsea favours on loan).
Derby don't have any restrictions beyond standard PSR and Warne

Derby don't have any restrictions beyond standard PSR and Warne
Ah, I thought when the takeover went through they still could only sign frees, must have expired now (you'd know better than me)

Warne is never getting a team higher than mid-table in the Championship

Ah, I thought when the takeover went through they still could only sign frees, must have expired now (you'd know better than me)

Warne is never getting a team higher than mid-table in the Championship
Yeah, this is the first window they are clear

He'll send them down, they were close last year, you cant tell me there weren't better manager options in Lg1 & 2.

Argyle are a pretty well run club (my hometown), they will sack him eventually but at that point it will be too late.
They'll lose Whittaker and Cooper this summer who could bring in £15-20m - entrusting that to Rooney is brave to put it mildly.

Foster was a complete disaster of an appointment, you'd think they'd look to go steady with an appointment as they do have the potential to consolidate in the league.

Back