• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Manager Sacked/Hired Thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Here's a new contract to give you a few grand more a week to stay in the Championship"

"Here's a contract offer of MILLIONS to take on the Premier League and Champions League at the club you love."

I imagine Lampard would be REALLY REALLY conflicted...

All about getting max compensation innit

If he does go to Chelsea,I'd put him,ole and Dean smith amongst the first to be sacked this season,ole being my favourite to be first out the door by October

If he does go to Chelsea,I'd put him,ole and Dean smith amongst the first to be sacked this season,ole being my favourite to be first out the door by October
Chelsea are giving him a guaranteed 2 year minimum as per a personal call to him from Abramovich. He takes that job then he's bombproof for at least the first season given the transfer ban and the fan love in. Smith won't be under pressure either unless they are marooned at the bottom. Ole I don't think will see Xmas as Utd manager.

Ole will be the favourite, closely followed by Wilder if the mess of ownership at Sheffield United doesn't get resolved.

Don't think there's anything but love for Wilder even with the ownership dispute, if anything I'd say that's probably likely to buy him even more time if he needed it. Think he'll see the season out regardless of results, as long as they give it a go in games which they have done since he took over.

I think with smith,if villa are under performing or struggling with the step up in quality the fans will turn on him pretty quick,even though he is one of their own.
If lampard goes to Chelsea,and abramovich isn't happy with their performances,say they're only top ten,even with the ban and other off field stuff going on,he'll sack him.
Ole needs to have a summer of great signings,a good solid start,if Utd start badly,pressures on,because they need the money a top six slot brings,even though I think they're in a period of long term decline,that's going to take a decade or so to sort out

Ole will be gone by November. If he holds out that long.

Its a fair call if they don't start well.

I think Wilder will get time. In fact all three newly promoted managers should still be in place at Xmas regardless. Silva,Gracia or Howe as outside bets for me. Worth a sneaky tenner.

I cant see Gracia or Howe being in trouble myself. Silva, who knows?

No-one is safe for long at Watford, they have a very short term view on managers generally so if things aren't going as hoped then I wouldn't be surprised to see them make a change.

Chelsea are giving him a guaranteed 2 year minimum as per a personal call to him from Abramovich. He takes that job then he's bombproof for at least the first season given the transfer ban and the fan love in.

If lampard goes to Chelsea,and abramovich isn't happy with their performances,say they're only top ten,even with the ban and other off field stuff going on,he'll sack him.

It's like a didn't post

Contracts at Chelsea mean nothing,goodwill at being a club legend won't matter much either if they aren't where they want to be,abramovich didn't get where he is today on being a nice bloke and honouring contracts,taking over a government owned business and claiming it as his own at gunpoint during said government collapse helped him a lot,he is your typical shady Russian.

Smiths doing a good job at villa, and is playing the long game. The higher ups there ought to give him time, as suspect he'll do well long term.
Abramovic won't appoint someone to then sack them before december.
Solskjaer shouldn't have lasted this long.
Howe has probably reached his ceiling, but unless bournemouth look like they're going down he's safe.
Pellegrini, Garcia & Silva should be fine as long as they hit the ground running.
Hodgson, Rogers, Wilder, Farke surely have sufficient credit in the bank.
Poch may be the other one who doesn't stay long term, but that'd be his call, rather than the chairmans.

Jokanovic back in the game...at Al Gharafa

Bowyer gone from Charlton. Unable to agree a new contract with them.

Bowyer gone from Charlton. Unable to agree a new contract with them.

Their statement is the work of a lunatic.

Charlton Athletic have been unable to reach an agreement with manager Lee Bowyer regarding the extension of his contract.

The fact the club is for sale has not helped with finding an agreement. The current owner needs to take into account that a new owner may want to appoint his own manager. However, this concern did not stop the current owner proposing a contract extension of one year to Lee Bowyer, even though the club may be sold in a few weeks. Under those circumstances a multi-year extension would not be good business practice.

In addition, since the club is still losing money, which is one of the reasons why the club has not been sold yet, the focus on reducing costs means that we are extremely limited on payroll increases.

Lee has been offered a one-year extension to his contract at a level which is approximately three times what he had since his last increase when he became permanent manager in September. It is six times what he earned when he started as assistant manager in 2017 and 50% more than what any Charlton manager previously had (excluding the Premier League years). This reflects the strong desire we have to continue to have Lee as our manager. But Lee wanted much more.

The owner understands Lee’s point of view, because many Championship clubs pay huge amounts (some pay millions of £ per year) to their manager. It is fair that Lee feels he should be paid like many other Championship managers. That the average Championship club makes a loss of around £15 million per year is not something players should care about. The owners are crazy.

This is why we could not come to an agreement. Another element may have influenced as well. Unlike previous contract discussions, Lee wanted an agent to handle it. We reluctantly accepted. However, involving a player agent in a manager’s contract discussion is not healthy. If the agent helps make the manager more money, it may result in the manager to have a more positive attitude towards players proposed by the same agent, a conflict of interest. Obviously, Lee is above such things, but it is nevertheless not a healthy situation.

The club hasn’t started to look for any other manager in the meantime and does not intend to appoint a permanent manager, since the club is going to be sold. A caretaker manager will be announced in due course and in the meantime the other staff members will continue to prepare the upcoming season for which a lot of good work has been performed already.

If Lee does change his mind before his contract expires and chooses to continue his good work at Charlton, he is still welcome to stay.

However our ability to sell the club is the most important thing right now.

Once you cut through the crap they are pissed that he employed an agent to negotiate his deal and get market value, how very 1985.

If they are genuinely on the brink of being sold the first thing the new owner should do is give him the job, gets the fans onside on day one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back