• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Manager Sacked/Hired Thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d expect him to slip down the leagues. Bournemouth was his cosy little spot. Could see him rocking up at Pompey once KJ leaves.

He tried moving away from Bournemouth and was abysmal

Tbh, Howe had done a very job there, always been a bit confused by the ‘fraud’ comments. He deserves an opportunity to prove his capabilities elsewhere. Then we can see

Haha! He didn’t do THAT badly at Burnley. Built an decent squad too. Too early to say he can’t do well anywhere else, I’m interested to see how he does (even if I did hate his Bournemouth team’s antics)

Haha! He didn’t do THAT badly at Burnley. Built an decent squad too. Too early to say he can’t do well anywhere else, I’m interested to see how he does (even if I did hate his Bournemouth team’s antics)
There aren't many similarities between Howe and Mick, loyalty to players who should have been moved on earlier is definitely one of them. In his PL years he's never managed to make them solid, always is going to be an issue eventually

Would agree with that TT. He’s probably an upper championship manager, we will see. I’d say he did a better job with a club the size of Bournemouth.

Did a good job until this season but don’t be fooled by the fairytale little Bournemouth story. Promoted on a very healthy budget yes you’ve got to get it to gel together but no miracle. Kept them up again on a reasonable budget he spaffed a lot on shite in recent years, Ibe, Solanke to mention a couple.
He’ll probably do an ok job somewhere else but be surprised if he’s ever talked about in the same regards he was a few years ago.

Wouldn't be surprised if it really was by mutual consent, that Bournemouth squad isn't very good overall and the best ones are going to be off. Howe's record at signings in recent times is abysmal, I wouldn't have faith in him to build a promotion-winning team and his stock can only go down if he stays. Promotion is 'expected' or he fails to get them promoted and loses face. Reminds me of Martinez jumping ship from Wigan.

I'm not that big a fan. He was never a relegation fire-fighter, fairly sure this is the first time they have actually been in a battle to stay up (and they lost). Interesting to see where he goes next as I can't see that many teams who would be desperate for him. West Ham probably.

A manager is a reflection of his team and a team a reflection of the manager so Howe is basically a manipulative , diving, cheating dickhead

A manager is a reflection of his team and a team a reflection of the manager so Howe is basically a manipulative , diving, cheating dickhead
In 12 months time Arteta will make him like look an amateur I think

Get this next appointment wrong and Bournemouth could be on the slippery slope. Ake, Ramsdale, Brooks, King and Wilson are certain to go so they’ll be left with a very championship looking squad.
Although looking at the championship next season it’s a very uninspiring league expect a high points total for the relegation sides and a low one for the side finishing 2nd. Basically 2/3 of league have a fair shout next season

I think it's pretty damning that Howe still had and used the likes of Francis, Daniels, Cook, Surman etc etc quite regularly. For all they squandered maybe attempts were made to replace these guys which flopped.

Looks like Jason Tindall (Howe assistant) is getting the full time job at Bournemouth, seems a bit a budget appointment really

I think they’ll be playing Forest Green and Salford before they play Man Utd again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back