• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The New Board Structure

A split is a good idea.

I am sure Butti will have a greater say in first team recruitment than Thelwell.

Good fucking riddance. I hope Dalrymple can repair the damage Moxey has done to the PR side of the club.

A split is a good idea.

I am sure Butti will have a greater say in first team recruitment than Thelwell.

Yep. Quite happy with Thelwell as the Sporting Director. He did an excellent job when he was Head of the Academy.

He must be doing something right as he is the only one to have survived Shi's cull...

That bloke is NEVER MD material. Fuck me.

Of him. He ran the catering contract for Compass at the Ricoh, and then managed an events sales team, worldwide but not massive revenue. I was surprised when he got the job as Moxey's bitch tbh, but this is a bit daft. Hopefully he's just a mouthpiece

Good - now I really hope that we never have to hear the constant anti-Moxey diatribe ever again and we can look forward to a new era. Even though we're already about 3 weeks into the new era.

Anyway - the new setup sounds sensible to me, splitting football and commercial apart. And from how that's worded, sounds very much like Jeff is the head honcho so doubt there'll be as much influence as you'd expect from an MD.

Good - now I really hope that we never have to hear the constant anti-Moxey diatribe ever again and we can look forward to a new era. Even though we're already about 3 weeks into the new era.

Anyway - the new setup sounds sensible to me, splitting football and commercial apart. And from how that's worded, sounds very much like Jeff is the head honcho so doubt there'll be as much influence as you'd expect from an MD.

You would think but some of the Mongs on the Mix are still banging on about Morgan. I imagine they'll have a big empty space in their lives now both have gone.

You would think but some of the Mongs on the Mix are still banging on about Morgan. I imagine they'll have a big empty space in their lives now both have gone.

I fear for their dogs/cats/wives/children.

Does Dalrymple like pies?

Unless you think he will actively do damage at Norwich then why let him go there before the closure of the window.

Butti - 'off field requests for first team players.

Shame Aaron McCarey isn't still here, Andrea could've scored him some Charlie...

I couldn't understand why they kept him on. His two press conferences were embarrassing.

The second one wasn't great but it was hardly helped by the questions from the media. There was nothing wrong with the first one.

Agree with Langers' that Jeff sounds as if he is in charge - he's already said he will be here for roughly 3 mths of the year (& that will be spread out over important times) plus with modern day communications not as critical for him to be at the stadium every day.

Whatever people think of the job Thelwell has done he's clearly impressed enough to be the only one at the top level to stay on.

Unless you think he will actively do damage at Norwich then why let him go there before the closure of the window.

Why not? It's not like he's going to be wheeling and dealing off the same list as Wolves. Gardening leave would've been safer and I'm surprised they didn't do it as soon as they took control. Anyway he's gone now and not before time for me.

Back