• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The New Board Structure

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Alex Neill leaves at some point and KJ rocks up at Carrow Road

I enjoyed that video I do genuinely feel a little sad Moxey is leaving, I know he gets a lot of shit but I honestly do think he really cared about the club.

I enjoyed that video I do genuinely feel a little sad Moxey is leaving, I know he gets a lot of shit but I honestly do think he really cared about the club.

16 years in one job does that! He will have genuine affections for Wolves and (despite what people will say) he will have a knowledge of football's inner workings that most of us will never know.

Having said that, it is right for him to move on. I wish him good luck as I think he has genuinely tried to do the best for Wolves, just people will always disagree (and whisper it, because we don't see the full picture...)

I'm glad he's gone and I'm glad he's gone now, he looked uncomfortable at the press conference this week as a Chief Exec who you knew wouldn't have sacked the last manager nor replaced him with the new one.

He's not Satan as some would suggest, but he's not the wonderful negotiator others think he is either. He may know the inner workings of football, but never understood the football fan or player and prioritised finance over the good of the team. I still maintain that we were a lot worse off with the £2/3m extra he negotiated for Fletcher and Jarvis than we would have been if we'd sold them 3/4 weeks earlier, got their replacements in and bedded the team down. Great negotiation finance wise, poor for the team. Then when it was clear to all that we wouldn't spend much of the Afobe money he sold him to the first bidder, when he could have potentially got more for him by drawing it out.

As we know his PR was terrible on so many occasions and often unnecessarily so, but I don't doubt that he cared and attempted to do what he thought was best within the parameters the owner at the time set.

I'm disappointed with those who are replacing him if they are to be long term appointments. I'm not sure KT has justified his last promotion let alone another and I would have liked to have seen new ideas come from outside of the club. We run the danger of these just being yes men and although I don't have any suspicions of Fosun's motives, but they do lack football knowledge and I worry about the influence of Mendes without anybody from within the club to act as a strong balance to him.

It's time for everyone's favourite pantomime villain to go. Personally think he's generally done OK with the hands dealt him by our owners in their varying moods. Not perfect and he's done a lot wrong, especially in regards to dealings with "the customers" but he's hardly responsible for the double relegation. Can't say I'll be losing sleep over it either and will be vaguely interested to see how the new job goes.
As for the replacements Thelwell is at least a proper football man.

16 years in one job does that! He will have genuine affections for Wolves and (despite what people will say) he will have a knowledge of football's inner workings that most of us will never know.

Having said that, it is right for him to move on. I wish him good luck as I think he has genuinely tried to do the best for Wolves, just people will always disagree (and whisper it, because we don't see the full picture...)

I agree with all that contrary to what the conspiracy theorists and Debbie Downer's will say on other forums Moxey was only doing his job.

Moxey did what the owners wanted him to do, very well. It was time for him to go and I wish him the best in the future in his personal life.

I agree with all that contrary to what the conspiracy theorists and Debbie Downer's will say on other forums Moxey was only doing his job.

Great interview with Moxey. I've no doubt that he has run a good club. I have no doubt that things will change enormously under Fosun, probably for the best for the team, who knows for the staff and community.

Anyway, the fat man is a shrewd guy - Delia will ensure that he is kept in pies forever.

He could have signed him here - wanker :icon_lol:

Changed the thread title too as it's nothing to do with Jez any more!

Actually decent articles there. Dalrymple comes across as an amiable but driven guy and Fosun with distinct targets not all about the football which I think is a way of getting the fans to believe in the club again and work as one rather than the 'them and us' mentality which seems to have become the festering boil that is PR over the last few years.

I did unfortunately read the comments section at the end of the first article. Are these people really that stupid or are they just doing it for shits and giggles? They can't be real human beings surely?

I deliberately didn't read the comments. How bad is it on a scale of 1 to 'weres the munay gon!?!'

I deliberately didn't read the comments. How bad is it on a scale of 1 to 'weres the munay gon!?!'

Reply number one and I went no further...

"
Ill tell ya what Laurie'if you want the trust of the fans,if you want to see the club grow and progress'you had better start with some quality signings'and by that i mean players who know how to win in this league,all of the speculation regarding the Taliscas'and Balotteli's and others is turning the club into a joke,there are plenty of proven players we could and should be looking at and being linked with,just look down the rd at Villa' quality players are being linked with them and signed up'fairplay to them,they aint messing about looking at "hollywood"signings.

Get some quality in quickly to get the team upto strength,the glamour signings can wait until we get back to the prem."

:facepalm:

The most interesting thing in there, to me, is that their main off-the-pitch target over the next 12 months is "to get Molineux full".

Presumably that would mean ticket price cuts? Easiest way to do it, along with making the football better to watch, ofc. Has Molineux had a single sold-out game since the new North Bank was built?

The Rotherham 6-4.

I've said for years that our approach to ticketing belongs in the 1960s. At best.

Yeah. Matchday revenue isn't relevant to us any more, they really should just cut prices down to a low flat fee, maybe even £15 or so, and make it free for under-18s as well.

And it might not be popular with some fans if it's too generous, but imagine what it would do for the image of the club to cap away fan ticket prices too.

Reply number one and I went no further...

"
Ill tell ya what Laurie'if you want the trust of the fans,if you want to see the club grow and progress'you had better start with some quality signings'and by that i mean players who know how to win in this league,all of the speculation regarding the Taliscas'and Balotteli's and others is turning the club into a joke,there are plenty of proven players we could and should be looking at and being linked with,just look down the rd at Villa' quality players are being linked with them and signed up'fairplay to them,they aint messing about looking at "hollywood"signings.

Get some quality in quickly to get the team upto strength,the glamour signings can wait until we get back to the prem."

:facepalm:

Poorly delivered but valid point.

Back