• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The New Board Structure

To be fair Punts does have a point, if you just randomly wang players in and expect them to gel because they'll be good enough to work it out for themselves then you would have a problem. It's up to our scouting/recruitment staff to make sure that doesn't happen, I imagine there are plenty of Portuguese youngsters as skilful as Tex is but he's no wallflower, he's taken a fair bit of physical treatment already and he just gets on with it.

The problem you have if you are looking to bring in some 'oven ready' (as my mate DJ would say) British talent is which top end Championship clubs would sell to us at the moment? If you're Derby would you seriously sell a bloke who's scored 60 goals in three years to another team who has designs on the top six? I mean they might end up doing it but it's the exact kind of move which can make you look very foolish very quickly.

Fully with J75 on this. Typically the teams that go up and establish themselves have a very distinct style and add to that when in the prem. Swansea added to the ball control element of there game, Stoke added to the power and targeted passing (as long ball is too unfair a term for how impressively drilled it was) - Add into that Bournemouth last year (who took a chance to get out this league on an unproven Callum Wilson) Palace, Watford. Look at the stick Southampton got when they binned off Adkins however they wanted to totally rewrite what they did football wise. Their is a reason Burnley and Hull are favourites to come straight back down again. I would be willing to back Boro staying up though even without signings because they have a clear 'way'.

Sir NO9 ‏@LordNxlson 1h1 hour ago
Norwich City FC
Three exits and no signings. Jez Moxey - I hate you already. #ncfc

Sam Slater ‏@S4M_SL4T3R 2h2 hours ago
Alex Neil is an absolute joke and disgrace, anyone who still defends him is a deluded idiot. As for Jez Moxey, he can do one as well #ncfc

Going well then!

I fully expect Kenny to rock up there if and when Neil goes

UNC3

Nuno Valinhas ‏@nunovalinhas 1h1 hour ago

BREAKING: #JorgeMendes is considering former #FCPorto #AnteroHenriques (resigned yesterday) to become #Wolves's new football director. #wwfc

Interesting - in addition to Thelwell or instead of?

Would be in place of him I imagine, Thelwell's role is now a proper Director of Football now that Moxey's responsibilities for things like contract negotiations have been handed to him.

That said, not sure that's a necessarily ITK account. Plus for all Mendes' influence on the club he's surely not in a position to be picking our top administrative roles, that's Fosun's prerogative..

Plus for all Mendes' influence on the club he's surely not in a position to be picking our top administrative roles, that's Fosun's prerogative..

This, but if it were true then that would be extremely worrying for me and a massive conflict of interest.

The only way he will pick such a position is if Fosun ask him to find someone suitable for that role. Until Jeff Shi and Sky Sun (?) have a proper understanding of running a football club they are going to use Mendes a lot for advice.

I think it's Jez that needs to let it go. He's now a self parody and I feel for Norwich fans having an outdated CEO with an archaic attitude to growth that doesn't belong at any club.

I can't say I've given Moxey a second thought since he left. Time to move on.

You can see why he was moved on so quickly

I can't say I've given Moxey a second thought since he left. Time to move on.

Pretty much this. He is cleary a CEO that works to the remit of the owner though and a good villian buffer for that owner.

I assume Thelwell has the job of sealing the deals as Sporting Director? Time for him to be judged on this rather than on the limited budget he was working on previously.

I dunno. When Jez comes out with that line about multi-billionaires and potential FFP sanctions, it is a clear indication that he didn't fit in with Fosun. I am glad he has gone. It was stale to say the least. Saying that, I think he wouldn't actually be a lot of good with our effectively unlimited budget.

The best response to this issue is

Jez Moxey - who's he?!!

Not here - not relevant

It is relevant if he starts harping on about billionaire owners and calling teams out for FFP, especially when he is on the league board.

Back