• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The next six games (League only)

So any point dropped outside the big six is something to be picked up on? We aren’t Liverpool.

Chelsea have dropped points against:

Sheffield United (h)
West Ham (h)
Everton (a)
Bournemouth (h and a)
Southampton (h)
Brighton (a)
Newcastle (a)

Literally every team drops points at some point.

Some people really need a reality check.

Its the premier league most games are tough....whilst I'm loving how great the team are doing it seems to be leading to a horrible expectant/entitled attitude amongst a lot of the fan base. (probably the reason the atmosphere has gone right off the boil with the exception of the big games).

Its still only our 2nd season back in the prem any win (actually any point) is a massive one!

Its the premier league most games are tough....whilst I'm loving how great the team are doing it seems to be leading to a horrible expectant/entitled attitude amongst a lot of the fan base. (probably the reason the atmosphere has gone right off the boil with the exception of the big games).

Eh? The atmosphere has been outstanding bar the last 20 minutes of the Norwich game (when everybody including the players wanted to go home as the game was done).

I don't see the entitlement apart from a few loudmouths on social media. The majority of fans are delighted we are where we are from my view.

Eh? The atmosphere has been outstanding bar the last 20 minutes of the Norwich game (when everybody including the players wanted to go home as the game was done).

The atmosphere's dire for bog standard games like Newcastle, West Ham, Southampton etc as well as all Europa games (except Espanyol) and even Utd in the cup. We're turning into a Liverpool type club where yes when its good its fucking great but that's reserved for a couple of times a season.

We're good for about 10 mins at the start of games and for about 3 mins after we score other than that if its not a big game it's getting worse and worse.

Okay dire is pushing it but certainly worse than similar circumstance games would have been in the past....even last season.

Before everyone rushes to get their old gold tinted glasses on I'm not saying we're poor by other clubs standards. We're still one of the best in the division.....but that's a very low bar, the atmosphere by our own past standards is definitely on the decline.

Seems a bit harsh. Was a bit flat for the end of Norwich but then pretty much everybody including both sets of players thought it done and dusted. Atmosphere was good against Leicester, even if a bit heated at half-time.

Seems a bit harsh. Was a bit flat for the end of Norwich but then pretty much everybody including both sets of players thought it done and dusted. Atmosphere was good against Leicester, even if a bit heated at half-time.

Leicester was quite a big game though really wasn't it? Two top table teams, localish derby, weekend night game.

Its the more bog standard games that are getting worse as for some reason a lot of our fans seem to be turning into expectant spoilt brats.

I suspect Saturday will be poor no doubt the old excuses will come out...away fans not near the south bank blah blah blah.

Leicester was quite a big game though really wasn't it? Two top table teams, localish derby, weekend night game.

Not really, I don't know a single person that would consider it a derby. Think you're just changing the parameters to belittle the fans there.

Not really, I don't know a single person that would consider it a derby. Think you're just changing the parameters to belittle the fans there.

Well I know plenty that would call it a Midlands derby (especially taking into account there's only 3 Midlands teams in the division).

But for arguments sake lets say its not, where were they when we played them 4th? and us 7th? Hardly a 'bog standard' game was it. Which was my parameters (that aren't being changed).

Pretty much every team will have a fairly low key atmosphere when you're two or three up and coasting against bottom of the table opposition. Been the case since forever.

Don't recall the roof coming off when we played Burton and Reading two years ago...

Pretty much every team will have a fairly low key atmosphere when you're two or three up and coasting against bottom of the table opposition. Been the case since forever.

Don't recall the roof coming off when we played Burton and Reading three years ago...

I'm not talking Norwich to be fair I thought Norwich wasn't too bad (mind you 3 goals it should be bouncing). Newcastle, West Ham etc spring to mind. As well as Utd in the Cup and most the Europa games (Beskitas 1st half was one of the worst atmosphere's in years, I was actually singing 'is this library' to which a I got a couple of looks and nothing more

Your right the roof wasn't coming off when we played Burton or Reading three years ago but it wasn't much different than it is for games like Newcastle now, and with around 10k extra fans and a team that's performing way way above those levels that in reality is a decline.

I think there is a degree of entitlement (you see it on here from time to time, it's way worse elsewhere) and we undoubtedly have some fans who turn up only when we're doing well and that does contribute to the atmosphere (or lack of).

In all honesty though I don't see a massive problem. Again with Besiktas it was a dead rubber, not a huge amount you can do about that.

I thought the leicester atmosphere was good - it was where I was sat/stood anyway, but I always enjoy myself! I also thought the besiktas game atmosphere was good too.
I thought the norwich game was great for the first 60 mins. After an hour though, everyone in the ground knew it was one way traffic, and we would play within ourselves a bit, to conserve energy etc.

I also thought the atmosphere at the west ham game was good (as we completely outplayed them!)

Hmm.. I'm going to stick up for the supporters here. I don't get to many games, so I notice the difference between the years in the Championship and the present day in terms of atmosphere. It's WAY better now, and that's not just down to higher attendances.
You're never going to get Molineux bouncing at full volume every single game, and if it's a bit of a dead rubber (as DW points out) then the atmosphere is bound to suffer a bit.

pacamac - you mention the Newcastle game which was the last one I went to, and I thought the atmosphere was fine. Certainly not the noisiest but it wasn't particularly flat IMO.

Overall, the atmosphere at Molineux these days is very good and it's certainly not an issue for me. I much prefer it to some of the comments I read on t'interweb because there are a small number of supporters who seem to act like customers (I daresay they wouldn't like to be called a 'customer' as opposed to a supporter - weird that) and demand x, y, z be it the team's overall performance, the demand to sign more players etc etc. Nothing wrong with constructive criticism of course but for me, a lot of it is massively OTT and looks more like online attention seeking. It's not exclusive to Wolves - it's a drawback of modern day football I guess.

Personally, I'm loving being a Wolves fan right now - we're experiencing things that a lot of us never thought possible. I think the atmosphere at games is fine, but reading some things online I just don't understand why a section of our support isn't able to enjoy it.

Don't recall the roof coming off when we played Burton and Reading two years ago...

After the nerves and emotions of Saturday, what a calming return to form.

Someone on Saturday said we were flat track bullies. If we are, well, long may beating teams like Reading continue!

Have at it.

What was the atmosphere like?

Plenty of singing. Right behind the team.

Just got in. Very very happy after that.

Let's not kid ourselves - the first half was pretty but a bit toothless. But when we turned the afterburners on we were majestic. The third goal was insanely good, but the best bit of the night was the pass out to Costa (I think) with a couple of minutes to go. That gets converted and goal of the season is done. It was brilliant.

Atmosphere at times was quiet, but at others the roof was coming off the joint. Reading were appalling, and were put to the sword. No baby-eating, rape, or pillage as far as I know though.

I thought that the atmosphere was good. Went a bit quiet for a bit after the Jota injury but once the goal went in normal order was restored. Credit to the Reading fan who kept some of the North Bank and Steve Bull entertained in the second half with his Magnus Pike like histrionics and the wild celebrations of them in injury time when they had their first attempt on goal.

Hard to pick a MOTM, so I'll give it to Doherty for his two goals to go with his overall excellent performance.

crowd was pretty audible on the broadcast most of the game

great return to form. leo needs a goal.

Just got back home to south west London. Will post a full verdict tomorrow but safe to say that's about as comfortable a win as we've had all season. Reading were terrible and we dominated, upping the pace in the second half to clinical effect. Ruddy was a virtual spectator, the defence looked comfortable with Bennett in particular looking good, Doherty had his best ever game for wolves (no doubt as he had very little defending to do), Saiss and Neves ran the show and Costa and Cav were both excellent. An enjoyable evening and the atmosphere was great - not remotely nervy despite the first goal taking a while to come.

Lots of QPR fans on my train on the way home who couldn't believe they'd scored three away at the Villa. It's a funny old division this. Let's get out of it asap.

It was according to Paddy.

The defence would like to cross-examine the witness, m'lud.

Outstanding work :icon_lol:

Hmm.. I'm going to stick up for the supporters here. I don't get to many games, so I notice the difference between the years in the Championship and the present day in terms of atmosphere. It's WAY better now, and that's not just down to higher attendances.
You're never going to get Molineux bouncing at full volume every single game, and if it's a bit of a dead rubber (as DW points out) then the atmosphere is bound to suffer a bit.

pacamac - you mention the Newcastle game which was the last one I went to, and I thought the atmosphere was fine. Certainly not the noisiest but it wasn't particularly flat IMO.

Overall, the atmosphere at Molineux these days is very good and it's certainly not an issue for me. I much prefer it to some of the comments I read on t'interweb because there are a small number of supporters who seem to act like customers (I daresay they wouldn't like to be called a 'customer' as opposed to a supporter - weird that) and demand x, y, z be it the team's overall performance, the demand to sign more players etc etc. Nothing wrong with constructive criticism of course but for me, a lot of it is massively OTT and looks more like online attention seeking. It's not exclusive to Wolves - it's a drawback of modern day football I guess.

Personally, I'm loving being a Wolves fan right now - we're experiencing things that a lot of us never thought possible. I think the atmosphere at games is fine, but reading some things online I just don't understand why a section of our support isn't able to enjoy it.

Way better when its good yes you'd have a point but that's reserved for specific games / small periods of time for games.

I'd like to know which games you are comparing?

You say its never going to always be bouncing and at full volume for every game.....genuine question, why not?

I'm not saying overall its not very good (especially compared with the low bar that is the rest of the premier league) I'm just saying if you were to compare atmosphere to a teams performace we'd basically be Wolves last season! And that I think overall when games/circumstances are like for like its on a (albeit slow) decline.

While its not a problem as such maybe I just expected better. The upswing in whats going on on the pitch has been like nothing I've ever seen in my lifetime guess I just hoped that would be mirrored in the stands.

Anyway if this post gets one person to think "I'm gonna prove that dickhead on the forum wrong" and sing a bit more/ a bit louder etc Saturday then its done the job. Got a few of these 'bog standard' games coming up.....I'd love to be proven wrong.

VAR killed the second half atmosphere against Leicester. I for one sat there passively

Back