• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The next six games (League only)

Deutsch Wolf

aka Dawn
Reaction score
Norwich (H)
Spurs (A)
Brighton (H)
West Ham (A)
Bournemouth (H)
Villa (A)

We aren't great at stringing together runs of league wins. But if we're ever going to do it, this is the best chance we'll get. 99% sure to go through in Europe so that's not an immediate factor, all bottom six teams other than Spurs who now have no strikers whatsoever (and remember, we won away to them last season and certainly should have beaten them at home this season).

However, I don't think we will! We just don't. For whatever reason we don't take advantage of games that we should and that's the difference for now between us and the top three, we don't get routine wins as such.

A decent enough 11 points for me - don't ask me in what combination, we can do anything, good or bad - but that's not enough for the top 4/5 finish that some want (or it seems, expect).

Could easily see us going on another unbeaten run but doing something like this:

Norwich (H) W
Spurs (A) D
Brighton (H) D
West Ham (A) D
Bournemouth (H) W
Villa (A) D

And equally we're the type of team that could easily lose any of those away games, or win 2 out of the 3 of them.

Spurs is the easiest game on the list. It’s certainly the one I’d be most confident of us winning.

Take it one game at a time. Beat Norwich, go through against Espanyol, beat Spurs.

You’d probably struggle to handpick a better 4 games after that.

With it being so tight between Villa, Brighton, Bournemouth and West Ham (4 points) they can't really play for the odd point which might assist us?

Maybe it's just the eternal optimist in me but think we might have a good month.

Norwich - W
Spurs - W
Brighton - D
West Ham - W
Bournemouth - W
Villa - D

Alternately, those clubs are all fighting relegation at the business end of the season, are desperate for points, and could be harder to beat.

You can make a case for us winning every one, but I predict a Ted Rogers 321

Alternately, those clubs are all fighting relegation at the business end of the season, are desperate for points, and could be harder to beat.

West Ham can't be any easier to beat than they have the last three times we've played them, there is that :D

Also Villa have allowed 51 (!) shots against them in the last two games, you'd think surely they'll try to tighten up a bit between now and then.

Smith is streaky like Little Lee too, if he gets onto a poor run he won't know how to get out of it. Only one shot on target today so not exactly playing Keegan ball with reckless abandon either.

Remember in the 90s when we had no midfield? I mean there were literally players occupying the shirts, but they didn't create, they didn't attack, they didn't score and they didn't defend.

That's basically them since they went 3-4-3. Empty shirts in the middle of the park (Drinkwater is totally done, Nakamba is dire, Hourihane is a Championship luxury player and Luiz is one lazy bastard who never tracks a run) and you just run straight through them onto a rickety backline. Their fans were kidding themselves that they deserved something last week against Spurs but in reality they were quite lucky not to concede 7 or 8. They probably would have done if Harry Kane were playing.

If you ould hand pick our next 6 fixtures you wouldn't be far away from those. I think we'll win 3 draw 2 and lose a random unexpected one. But we could just as easily go 2, 2 and 2.

Agree with other comments. All winnable with clean sheets, or could concede first in every game and struggle to score enough.

Would certainly hope for at least 10-12 points, more than that and we have to be in with a shout of a Champions League place (deserved or not).

It's a great run of fixtures on paper but we're not clinical enough to get the points return we probably should out of the games. I think we will win 3/4 of them but we should really win them all as we're considerably better than 5 of them and Spurs are really poor at the moment.

The difference now though is Willy Boly - we tend to score, but whilst he’s been injured, we also tended to concede. Now he’s back, we have a far, far greater chance of keeping a clean sheet.

Having said that, it’s still top level football so it wouldn’t be a shock to lose one of them.

That was a good start!

The next game feels like a really big one, come away with a win at Spurs and we are really in with a chance of fifth IMO.

Think we can, Spurs are reeling atm and Jose (again) doesn't seem to know what his best team is.

Feeling very optimistic (if chilly and pissed off thanks to a cancelled train) but I honestly think we can win all 5. Barring injuries/suspensions/freak incident, I actually think we will.

We can certainly beat Spurs but expect Mourinho to try shithouse his way to a draw or even a jammy win

3 points today, three points next week and another 12 points to follow would be magnificent!

Back