• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The NFL Thread

I wouldn't disagree with that Top 4, although if he were playing I'd make it a 5 with Watson. I agree Allen is in the next tier with the players you mention plus Murray and Jackson who can all elevate their teams on their day, but equally can throw 3 picks and lose it for them. Tannehill is underated, doesn't have the highs and lows of the others, but manages the game well in terms of what's expected of him

I'd take Murray over Allen any day of the week personally. Jackson is ok running or launching bombs but any touch or shorter stuff and he's woefully inept most of the time. Agree Tannehill is underrated, perfect game manager to pair with the destructive Henry.

I'd take Murray over Allen any day of the week personally. Jackson is ok running or launching bombs but any touch or shorter stuff and he's woefully inept most of the time. Agree Tannehill is underrated, perfect game manager to pair with the destructive Henry.
I think all those second tier QB's sit broadly alongside each other...any given Sunday either way. It's why Rodgers and Brady are elite and Mahomes has the chance to be on the same level, he's been a bit too Superman for me this season and it's hurting him, has to learn to take what the defense gives him sometimes

QB's I'd take before Allen:

Brady, Rodgers, Mahomes, Burrow, Herbert, Stafford, Prescott.

Jackson, Murray and Allen are the next tier down for me. All excellent with their legs and with better decision making could be fantastic players.

I might even take Carr. Would have to do a little more digging but based on personality I do prefer the Vegas QB.

Dire, if Allen wins a SB in the next few seasons I hope you know you’ll have the right to make me eat crow over it for ages. Seems fair given we’re all kinda having a laugh at Allen at your expense. 😅

I might even take Carr. Would have to do a little more digging but based on personality I do prefer the Vegas QB.

I just like how every week he adds to my NFL accas by covering his over on yards, him and Renfrow are bankers every week.

Dire, if Allen wins a SB in the next few seasons I hope you know you’ll have the right to make me eat crow over it for ages. Seems fair given we’re all kinda having a laugh at Allen at your expense. 😅
Wins a Super Bowl? For one game this season he wasn't even the best Josh Allen on the field 😉

I love being right, and Wentz is making me feel very right just now.

(Ignore the part where Nick Foles continues to be a bench warmer)

I love being right, and Wentz is making me feel very right just now.

(Ignore the part where Nick Foles continues to be a bench warmer)
Wentz could have been a Top 10 QB for over a decade, don't forget he would have been MVP in 2017 without the ACL. The reason he isn't is all on him. Doesn't take any accountability, won't be coached, tries to play heroball when it's unnecessary and acts like a petulant child

Last edited:
Fully agreed!

I don't rate Wentz but even I can't sit here and say he lacks the physical tools. In some ways he's the Adama of the NFL (bit harsh on him tbf but you'll get the point, I think).

Fully agreed!

I don't rate Wentz but even I can't sit here and say he lacks the physical tools. In some ways he's the Adama of the NFL (bit harsh on him tbf but you'll get the point, I think).
I think it's harsh on Adama, he can't be coached, Wentz refuses to be

Well you can chalk off Taylor as an MVP candidate, can't be MVP on a team that doesn't make the playoffs.

If the Raiders and the Chargers both kneel for 60 mins they are both in

Back