• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The NFL Thread

Either he or Daboll will end up in New York (well New Jersey) assuming they want to be given who the new GM is

Another game lost on a coin toss really. Wasn’t long ago that you won with a FG, but it feels like something else needs to be done.

Laslie Frazier's interview with the Bears today should be interesting after that 4th quarter/OT.
I would be disappointed to have him as my head coach.

His record at the Vikings was bad and a long time ago.

My mate said do Max 3 Possesions each then do a FG shootout starting from 40 and working back. Ideas OK but 6 possessions would be longgggg. Chances of both teams scoring the same points on 6 consecutive drives literally wouldn’t happen though.

I agree. The rule need to keep pace with how other rule changes favour the offence. Really need both sides to have a possession each before sudden death.
Not sure I agree. The Bills D had their chance to stop KC getting that opportunity in OT and they didn’t rise to the occasion.

Not sure I agree. The Bills D had their chance to stop KC getting that opportunity in OT and they didn’t rise to the occasion.
Surely giving both teams one chance each is fair?

Both defenses were gassed, I'm confident that if they'd won the toss the the Bills would have scored as well so essentially the winner came from a game of chance

Playing devil’s advocate a bit tbf.

I’d prefer the college OT rules but for whatever reason that idea has never gained serious traction.

Playing devil’s advocate a bit tbf.

I’d prefer the college OT rules but for whatever reason that idea has never gained serious traction.
Which is?

Each offense starts at the 25 yard line. Normal rules apply during possession. Other team gets a chance on offense regardless of the type of score (unless there is a fumble or interception returned for TD by the team that goes on D first).

After two OT periods, the ball is spotted at the 2 yard line for 2 point conversion attempts until one team manages to both score on offense and prevent the other team from doing so.

Here's an example of how that played out in a game last season:

That works well enough, surprised the NFL haven't gone down that route.

Just what they said at the end of the coverage yesterday. Not sure if something like that can be changed outside of the cba, unless the players were fully on board?

I would think that's the PA using any change as a stick to get their players more money.

Tis what they do.

It’s easy to end up with games running for many many OT periods but that’s partly why they started making every period after 2OT go to straight 2PC attempts.

Do we have any Rams fans here? Am happy to keep saying it's going to be your last game if you feel it's helping.

Back