• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The NFL Thread

Overall, it was a great game but I wish the BBC would either do it properly or fuck off out of it and let someone else do it.
They don't bother all season then cover the Final game.
In fact I'd rather the money got thrown at CBS and had their coverage.
I think channel 4 do a decent enough job during the regular season. Then they fade out and the BBC take over and fuck about with a 1 hour show of the playoffs then that little box for the Superbowl.

What a dog's dinner!
Best thing about it was recording it and watching it 1st thing Monday morning, speed past most of the chat and ALL of the half time rubbish and that bird warbling her way through the destruction of the anthem at the beginning, fucking hell!

The national anthem was fine. You must be sad you missed the 40 minute power outage though. :icon_lol:

No, we got that but it was easier to ff through most of it. That's where I got to watch a bit of CBS's coverage.

Talking of which who do you guys in the States feel does the better coverage?
NBC, Fox or CBS?

I must say I prefer the 2 NBC guys Cris Collinsworth and Al Michaels over Jim Macmahon and Jim Nantz. Don't much like Troy Aikman or Phil Sims either, come to that...

Funny you say that because no one likes Buck and Troy (Aikman). Collinsworth is the one who does the Madden series commentary so I'm a bit tired of his voice, but I generally appreciate his commentary more than other peoples. I never see McMahon/Nantz so I can't comment on that.

I like the Fox program the most but that's because it's generally more entertaining to watch. From a pure commentary perspective the CBS crew is the best, imo.

NFL Draft started yesterday. Chiefs take OT Eric Fisher first.

As a Steelers fan I'm happy with Jarvis Jones. If he dropped to 17 we were always going to snap him up.

Vikings are the big winners of day 1 IMO taking Rhodes, Patterson and Floyd.

Some insane names in this draft, Barkevious Mingo being my personal favourite.

zCc32IL.jpg

How's a Scot end up supporting the Steelers?

How's a Scot end up supporting the Steelers?

The Bus. :D

Roethlisberger's rookie season was the year I 'discovered' football. I picked the Steelers because of Bettis and my best friend picked the Bengals because of the helmets.

I aint Scottish though! :argh: Just lived here on and off since I was 5.

The Bus. :D

Roethlisberger's rookie season was the year I 'discovered' football. I picked the Steelers because of Bettis and my best friend picked the Bengals because of the helmets.

I aint Scottish though! :argh: Just lived here on and off since I was 5.

Argh.

Well I would apologize for mistaking your heritage but I just can't bring myself to say nice things to a Steeler. :icon_wink:

Haha! Have to say, if I had known anything at all about football when I chose the Steelers I probably wouldn't have picked them but once you make your choice there's no turning back. Who do you support?

Haha! Have to say, if I had known anything at all about football when I chose the Steelers I probably wouldn't have picked them but once you make your choice there's no turning back. Who do you support?

New Orleans. Family ties.

And I applaud your loyalty. We understand each other in this way; you with the Steelers and me with Wolves.

New Orleans. Family ties.

And I applaud your loyalty. We understand each other in this way; you with the Steelers and me with Wolves.

I wouldn't have been half as loyal if my mate didn't support the Bengals. The season after we started watching the NFL von Oelhoffen fucked up Palmer in the Wildcard game and Steelers went on to win the Super Bowl. Oh, how I gloated.

Palmer hasn't even been a shadow of himself since that game.

Pre-season had been going swimmingly for the Bills. They'd looked good in 2 wins against play-off teams from last season, the Colts and Vikings, their new look defense has been unbelievable, the best Bills D I've seen since the Bruce Smith years and our new rookie QB, EJ Manuel, had been looking calm, poised and efficient. Then we find out that he hurt his knee in the Vikings game and will miss at least the rest of pre-season. Oh, well, you can bet your life that CJ Spiller will be in the running for the best running back in the league this year, the guy is unbelievable. I've never seen a RB as exciting to watch since Barry Sanders. I definitely have a man crush on Spiller!

would be surprised if that happens. Pre season means so little in the NFL. Had our fantasy draft yesterday so am mega excited now.

would be surprised if that happens. Pre season means so little in the NFL. Had our fantasy draft yesterday so am mega excited now.

Be surprised if what happens? If you're talking about Spiller, then last year he averaged 6.0yds per carry the same as Adrian Peterson, but had almost 150 fewer carries. He still managed over 1,200 rushing yards and 6 TDs. He's one of the most exciting players I've ever seen and the only reason he's dismissed is because he's played on a terribly coached Bills team. This Bills team will NOT be badly coached. And I also disagree that pre-season means little in the NFL. That used to be the case, but I think now whilst results may be meaningless how teams play is absolutely not. Do you think the Patriots look bad in pre-season and then suddenly look good come the regular season? No. Or the Packers? Or the Ravens? Same with all the good teams, they look good whenever they play. They might not win (but they usually do), but they play in pre-season very much how they play in the regular season in the modern era NFL.

As for Spiller:

Ha! I got into American football when I was about 15 or so. I loved watching Eric Dickerson playing for the Los Angeles Rams. I even played for the local team that was getting set up back then. A local shambles and a half dozen guys from the US airforce base.
Then the Rams moved to St Louis and I kinda went off them. So I took up with the Seahawks and have been cursing them with my 'Jonah' like bad luck ever since.

Ha! I got into American football when I was about 15 or so. I loved watching Eric Dickerson playing for the Los Angeles Rams. I even played for the local team that was getting set up back then. A local shambles and a half dozen guys from the US airforce base.
Then the Rams moved to St Louis and I kinda went off them. So I took up with the Seahawks and have been cursing them with my 'Jonah' like bad luck ever since.

The Seahawks are a really good team right now. Would not be at all surprised to see them compete for the Superbowl.

Back