• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The R.I.P. Thread

Put £5 (Lillee put on £10) on England to win during the Headingly test in 1981 for a bit of fun at 500/1.

Of course backfired badly even though he won £2,500, used to get very annoyed (quite rightly) when people came out with shit that he wasn't trying for the rest of the game due to the bet.

Put £5 (Lillee put on £10) on England to win during the Headingly test in 1981 for a bit of fun at 500/1.

Of course backfired badly even though he won £2,500, used to get very annoyed (quite rightly) when people came out with shit that he wasn't trying for the rest of the game due to the bet.
I was at Headingley for day 4 of that test.

Absolutely horrible. Shocked. Never seen a bowling performance like his in the 2005 Ashes. The greatest. RIP

Bloody hell. What a fucking player he was, and an incredibly likable bloke too

Absolutely gutted with the news about Warne

Blimey! That’s really shocked me to be honest. There was almost an air of invincibility about him in my minds eye.

It is truly shocking news, he was a constant thorn in our side, but you couldn't help but appreciate how gifted a player he truly was

Shane Warne - real shock & no age at all

Only saw him live once, but what a bowler - total control & did stuff no one else was capable of

Back