• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Road to Russia 2018

I'm assuming the headlines will read something like
Pan-demonium- when we can't win against Panama
Bel-ends when Belgium put us out

About as good as could have been really and decent kick off times Tunisia 1900 on Monday 18 June, Panama 1300 Sunday 24th June and Belgium 28 June 1900.

Panama aren't nearly as good as 2014 Costa Rica. No chance they make that kind of impact on the tournament.

Panama aren't nearly as good as 2014 Costa Rica. No chance they make that kind of impact on the tournament.
Playing England,there's every chance they'll get a result tbh

I'm assuming the headlines will read something like
Pan-demonium- when we can't win against Panama
Bel-ends when Belgium put us out

We will already have qualified for the next round before we play Belgium and they will have too. We've never lost to an African side, haven't lost to Belgium since before the 2nd World War and we may as well get the cigars out during the game against Panama.

What could possibly go wrong?

I'd have thought there will be a good chance we will play Morocco and Saiss in a friendly, we always play teams from the same locality as those we get in the group. Based on that we'll probably play Mexico as well

We will already have qualified for the next round before we play Belgium and they will have too. We've never lost to an African side, haven't lost to Belgium since before the 2nd World War and we may as well get the cigars out during the game against Panama.

What could possibly go wrong?

Do Belgium have any ex-England players with an 'e' in their name?

Not exactly an incentive either,knowing he can't get the sack even if we are abysmal,the under 17s and 20s probably get decent coaching and a game plan as well

Every time Glenn opens his mouth he appears out of his depth. Southgate is credited with the reorganisation of coaching for youth level football hence the reflective glory of the World Cup wins. Trouble is when Ashworth comes under pressure as he did over the handling of the Sampson situation he gets credited with it too.

And here was me thinking the torture of having this idiot in charge would be over after Russia...

Ridiculous statement to come out with. You can publicly back your manager, but to say he will still have a job regardless after the World Cup is stupid. What if Panama and Tunisia each stick 5 past us? Not gonna happen but if it did you let him stay on?

It won't happen (we'll look dreadful but scrape through) but if we lost all 3 games, see how many people bother turning up to the next home game at Wembley and then see if he wants to keep the twat on.

Nigeria and Costa Rica as pre-tournament warmups. Don't all get too excited now.

Costa Rica game is at Elland Road for some reason

Nigeria and Costa Rica as pre-tournament warmups. Don't all get too excited now.

Spose it's better than Germany & Spain and us actually getting a result from them in the friendlies, followed by 90% of the country going in to the tournament thinking we can win it...

I'm all for taking the side round the country, but Elland Road is a shithole.

Back