• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Road to Russia 2018

Kenny

🤨
Staff member
Reaction score
World Cup qualifying has now started.

First results:
Sri Lanka 0 Bhutan (The worlds lowest ranked team) 1
East Timor 4 Mongolia 1
Cambodia 3 Macau 0

Zimbabwe have been disqualified from this World Cup already.

Zimbabwe have been disqualified from this World Cup already.

No $$. Currently flogging all the stuff FIFA gave them for the training facilities and unable to pay their coach.

World Cup qualifying has now started.

First results:
Sri Lanka 0 Bhutan (The worlds lowest ranked team) 1
East Timor 4 Mongolia 1
Cambodia 3 Macau 0

I suppose we should be grateful England are not in one of those groups...

Tough trip to play Bhutan up in the Gods would be ace.

Bloody hell - Sri Lanka play at sea level. Their second leg game is basically going to be played on the set of Far Cry 4.

I would miss watching us for 2 weeks but wouldn't miss the crying of a nation, that previously didn't give a shit about football, when we got knocked out.

I would miss watching us for 2 weeks but wouldn't miss the crying of a nation, that previously didn't give a $#@! about football, when we got knocked out.

Pretty much how I feel. Russia 2018 is starting to feel a little too Berlin 36 for my liking.

Bad news for those of you backing Mongolia to lift the trophy in Russia, but they are the first country to be eliminated having lost 5 - 1 on aggregate to East Timor.

Bhutan go to the next phase. A 2-1 win v Sri Lanka (3-1 on agg).

Lovely kit as well...

11069895_880591751963678_23981788733244302_n.jpg

Kit on sale at the ground today priced at NU-500.....which is about £5.90

Easyjet flight to Nepal, Sherpa rental (man not van) to the Stadium and still probably cheaper than a Wolves one.

Netherlands face Turkey on Saturday the 28th in a crucial Euro qualifier, and then play Spain in a friendly on the 31st.

Full squad is as follows:

Goalkeepers: Jasper Cillessen (Ajax), Tim Krul (Newcastle), Kenneth Vermeer (Feyenoord)

Defenders: Daryl Janmaat (Newcastle), Gregory van der Wiel (PSG), Jetro Willems (PSV), Daley Blind (Manchester United), Bruno Martins Indi (Porto), Jeffrey Bruma (PSV), Stefan de Vrij (Lazio), Joel Veltman (Ajax)

Midfielders: Jordy Clasie (Feyenoord), Jonathan de Guzman (Napoli), Georginio Wijnaldum (PSV), Wesley Sneijder (Galatasaray), Nigel de Jong (AC Milan), Davy Klaassen (Ajax), Ibrahim Afellay (Olympiakos)

Attackers: Bas Dost (Wolfburg), Luuk de Jong (PSV), Luciano Narsingh (PSV), Klaas jan Huntelaar (Schalke), Memphis Depay (PSV), Arjen Robben (Bayern)

Back