• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Second Club Thread

Hard fought 1-1 draw away to Vancouver last night for Charlotte. Really shitty goal to concede (almost looked like our GK moved away from the ball, but he just committed far too early).

Still, hard to be mad at an early away point against an extremely Pulis-y team in the Whitecaps. Also, our goal came from one the sickest nutmeg/dummy moves I’ve seen a minute, courtesy of “mostly poor but tries so hard” Enzo Copetti.

Plenty of good moments to take away, and holy shit does Adilson Malanda look imperious this season. Sky the limit for him, he’s brilliant. (Disclaimer: this is not a guarantee he’ll be pocketing attackers in the Prem next season 😇)

2ppg! Nosebleed stuff for the Crown.
So what do you make of only 8 MLS entering the US Open Cup this season?

So what do you make of only 8 MLS entering the US Open Cup this season?
It's complicated. That competition has been left to rot financially so I understand MLS clubs preferring to send out their Academy sides for it (like Charlotte have elected to do). In fairness, rarely did any club field anything close to a first-choice XI in that competition anyway, at least not when facing non-MLS sides.

Still, MLS clubs mostly not showing up isn't going to put more eyes on the USOC. It's sad; it's an old, old competition and I think we're losing something genuinely special for American soccer if we just let it die off.

It's complicated. That competition has been left to rot financially so I understand MLS clubs preferring to send out their Academy sides for it (like Charlotte have elected to do). In fairness, rarely did any club field anything close to a first-choice XI in that competition anyway, at least not when facing non-MLS sides.

Still, MLS clubs mostly not showing up isn't going to put more eyes on the USOC. It's sad; it's an old, old competition and I think we're losing something genuinely special for American soccer if we just let it die off.
MLS clubs not playing in the US Open Cup should be ashamed. It is the same as Premier League teams not participating in the FA Cup.
Garber and his cronies need to clear off as the standard of soccer in the US has stagnated. We then have a clear case of Miami bending all the rules to bring in whoever they like. This is just the latest attempt to lessen any other competitions in US football and I'm disgusted by the leadership at the top level of the sport.

If you read the PM I sent you, you'll understand a bit more about why I have come to dislike how MLS is going.

giphy.gif

😘

Alan . .Did Jack Price definitely the League at the end of last season ?
not sure what he's up to these days

@Lycan may I ask for the scoop on Liel Abada?

@Lycan may I ask for the scoop on Liel Abada?

He's a quality player. More of an Inside forward than a winger who gets into good areas and has an eye for goal. A real big game player as well.

Celtic were probably looking at him stepping up to become their best player this season with the way he was progressing. They'd just sold Jota Felipe to Saudi for £30M and were probably hoping for a similar return on Abada within a few seasons. Then came Oct 7th... Celtic's Ultras section flew Palestine flags after being warned not to buy the club and Abada stopped playing for Celtic. He'd never be moving clubs right now and especially for such a low price otherwise.

I know I've hyped up your signings in the past and they've let me down but IMO for the price you've got him it's an absolute steal and I'd expect him to be one of the best players in the league. I mean if Wolves had signed him I'd have been genuinely excited.

Nuno’s downfall wasn’t his ability tbf. He was a good footballer for sure.

Cheers for the info bud!

Last edited:
Alan . .Did Jack Price definitely the League at the end of last season ?
not sure what he's up to these days
Missed this, sorry.

AFAIK he’s a free agent still.

Missed this, sorry.

AFAIK he’s a free agent still.
Yes , that would make sense . Saw an interview with him where he had admitted that he was leaving Colorado and was hoping to head back home and join a Championship or League 1 side , but I have seen nothing on that front as of yet .

Conor Ronan still going strong with the Rapids I see .

St Pauli v Hertha this weekend. #hahohe

Pretty crap day out for Charlotte, lost to TFC away, as some will have seen in the Live thread.

Pretty shit performance against a dangerous and well coached side. How Herdman has that group playing as a unit after they were nearly ready to murder each other last season is beyond me.

Still took a wonder goal to beat us but we offer so little going forward at the moment. We really need Abada to hit.

Salernitana look doomed this season. Lost 4-2 away to Cagliari and rooted to the bottom, 10 points adrift of safety and a GD of -35 effectively making it 11. Recently sacked Pippo Inzaghi and brought in another ex-Italian international in Fabio Liverani

Back