• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Second Club Thread

No chance Hertha trying for 3rd now. Not consistent enough. Will fester in 2.Bundesliga for a while me thinks.

So for some reason, I find myself in Arbroath today. I got on a,train and was planning to go to Aberdeen, but decided to get off the train to have a look around and buy an Arbroath shirt.
The young gentleman, who was serving Coffee on the train pointed out Raith Rovers stadium, where he is a season ticket holder. He went in great detail and is a Raith fanatic. Raith Rovers are situated right next to the train track in Kirkcaldy.
Arbroath is a summertime tourist town apparently. Very friendly people, great pubs and great coastal views. I think I may have found my preferred Scottish club to follow. Why I can't just choose a top club that wins trophies is beyond me.

Attachments

• IMG-20240312-WA0016.jpeg
    IMG-20240312-WA0016.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 8
  • 20240312_105903.jpg
    20240312_105903.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 7
So for some reason, I find myself in Arbroath today. I got on a,train and was planning to go to Aberdeen, but decided to get off the train to have a look around and buy an Arbroath shirt.
The young gentleman, who was serving Coffee on the train pointed out Raith Rovers stadium, where he is a season ticket holder. He went in great detail and is a Raith fanatic. Raith Rovers are situated right next to the train track in Kirkcaldy.
Arbroath is a summertime tourist town apparently. Very friendly people, great pubs and great coastal views. I think I may have found my preferred Scottish club to follow. Why I can't just choose a top club that wins trophies is beyond me.
You should have listened to the coffee seller... The mighty Raith Rovers all the way 😁

Still waiting for my lad who has moved up to Northern Fife to choose our second/Scottish club.
Dunfermline, Raith, East Fife. His nearest club is actually St Johnstone.

You get plenty of ups and downs with Raith, I can tell you that!

Tbf Kirkcaldy and Dunfermaline aren't exactly spectacular. The whole of Fife is typical of post industrial Britain, St Andrews excepted.

They're much better than Methil trust me. I used to have a membership at Leven Links and went through it all the time. It's the Scottish equivalent of Burslem.

Falkirk are quite a fun team to support. Sometimes take up to 2k away which is incredible support for that level.

They're much better than Methil trust me. I used to have a membership at Leven Links and went through it all the time. It's the Scottish equivalent of Burslem.

Falkirk are quite a fun team to support. Sometimes take up to 2k away which is incredible support for that level.
Falkirk is on the list, We're going up there at Easter so will get him to decide.
My lad went all over Fife looking at the different areas, he's ended up in Newburgh which although has its ropey bits, doesn't seem too bad.
I suspect in a few years Fife will gain a better rep, once more of the houses have been bought by young professionals who can't afford Edinburgh prices.

Methil Power Station used to loom over East Fife's ground, so bleak.

dsc09475.jpg

Falkirk is on the list, We're going up there at Easter so will get him to decide.
My lad went all over Fife looking at the different areas, he's ended up in Newburgh which although has its ropey bits, doesn't seem too bad.
I suspect in a few years Fife will gain a better rep, once more of the houses have been bought by young professionals who can't afford Edinburgh prices.

Never been to Newburgh to be honest.

St Johnstone and Dunfermline are fairly hopeless clubs to support IMO. Noth much going for either of them.

Might be worth going further to one of the Dundee clubs or Hearts/Hibs as an excuse to visit Edinburgh more often.

There are some gorgeous places in Fife, we used to go on holiday to Crail all the time when I was a kid. Lots of places in the 'East Neuk' worth visiting.

St Johnstone and Dunfermline are fairly hopeless clubs to support IMO. Noth much going for either of them.

Might be worth going further to one of the Dundee clubs or Hearts/Hibs as an excuse to visit Edinburgh more often.

There are some gorgeous places in Fife, we used to go on holiday to Crail all the time when I was a kid. Lots of places in the 'East Neuk' worth visiting.
Tbh 'nothing clubs' would probably suit us as seconds.😁
I'm looking forward to exploring Fife, not a place I've been to. Plus it's a good stopover when we go to the Highlands.

Hearts/Hibs is probably on my list ahead of the Auld Firm because Edinburgh looks so damn magical (in photos, at least). Though ideally I’ll see both eventually.

Do not waste any time you have in the UK watching Scottish football, really.

Do not waste any time you have in the UK watching Scottish football, really.
Scottish football was my first foothold (excepting Xabi Alonso stealing my heart). Feels an obligation to some extent.

Back