• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Second Club Thread

Don't say I didn't warn you!

Bear in mind Cameron Borthwick-Jackson currently gets a gig in the SPL.

Hearts/Hibs is probably on my list ahead of the Auld Firm because Edinburgh looks so damn magical (in photos, at least). Though ideally I’ll see both eventually.
Edinburgh is lovely, Glasgow also has a good reputation these days.

Don't say I didn't warn you!

Bear in mind Cameron Borthwick-Jackson currently gets a gig in the SPL.
That's the whole point of a second club though isn't it? unless you're going full on glory hunting wanker.

That's the whole point of a second club though isn't it? unless you're going full on glory hunting wanker.
Yeah but if/when Alan comes to the UK he's only going to have a finite amount of time. I wouldn't waste a chunk of it watching shite teams I don't care about if I were in that position but each to their own.

Yeah but if/when Alan comes to the UK he's only going to have a finite amount of time. I wouldn't waste a chunk of it watching shite teams I don't care about if I were in that position but each to their own.
If you want to visit Edinburgh to see the city then no problem with catching a game while you're there.

Oh yeah, for Alan a trip to the UK would ideally have separate places for football and sight seeing. Tbh I think he's a bit of an anglophile and should move over here.

Tbh 'nothing clubs' would probably suit us as seconds.😁
I'm looking forward to exploring Fife, not a place I've been to. Plus it's a good stopover when we go to the Highlands.
When in Fife I can highly recommend a visit to St Andrews, a lovely town and nice harbour too

When in Fife I can highly recommend a visit to St Andrews, a lovely town and nice harbour too
Yeah well be going there, got 4 or 5 days there soon, DiL, she knows it quite well as she went to uni in St Andrews

Yeah well be going there, got 4 or 5 days there soon, DiL, she knows it quite well as she went to uni in St Andrews
I also had a few days in Dunfermline a few years ago and that was nicer than I expected it to be. Kirkcaldy on the other hand... utter shithole!

Hearts/Hibs is probably on my list ahead of the Auld Firm because Edinburgh looks so damn magical (in photos, at least). Though ideally I’ll see both eventually.

Yeah Edinburgh has got to be one of the most beautiful cities in the world really. It can get very busy if you pick the wrong time (The Fringe basically) but it's well worth a visit.

Glasgow city centre is beautiful in its own way as well and there's a lot more to do there than Edinburgh. A lot of it's bad reputation is deserved but it's mainly the suburbs that are bad, most of the centre and Southside is really nice. My sister lives in Shawlands (not far from Hampden Park) and that's a lovely place to live.

Kind of, though Gorgie and Leith aren't really places you would go otherwise.

If someone came to visit London I wouldn't say that watching Leyton Orient would be a good idea.

Leith is really nice now! It's been properly gentrified since the Trainspotting days. You used to be in danger of getting stabbed just going down Leith Walk, now you're more likely to get a Vietnamese drip coffee and a Pastel de Nata.

Yeah Edinburgh has got to be one of the most beautiful cities in the world really. It can get very busy if you pick the wrong time (The Fringe basically) but it's well worth a visit.

Glasgow city centre is beautiful in its own way as well and there's a lot more to do there than Edinburgh. A lot of it's bad reputation is deserved but it's mainly the suburbs that are bad, most of the centre and Southside is really nice. My sister lives in Shawlands (not far from Hampden Park) and that's a lovely place to live.
I've said for many years that most of the people who say Glasgow is shit have never actually been there. I think of it as a working city compared to Ediburgh as a tourist city but I like both for different reasons. Had a few days in Newcastle the other week and I felt Newcastle had a similar vibe to Glasgow

Crail, Kingsbarns, Elie, Pittenweem, St.Monans & Anstruther are very nice along that coast as well. All well worth a visit especially on a nice day. St Andrews is nice but can obviously get a bit crowded sometimes.

Crail, Kingsbarns, Elie, Pittenweem, St.Monans & Anstruther are very nice along that coast as well. All well worth a visit especially on a nice day. St Andrews is nice but can obviously get a bit crowded sometimes.
We based ourselves in Stirling last January and travelled to Aberfeldy, House Of Bruar, Glasgow, Edinburgh and Dundee. We also decided to look at the Fife Coast having seen it on Hairy Bikers and headed for Kirkcaldy. Didn't stay long before heading on to St Andrews!

Back