• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

What is all your anger over abbreviated users. It was VAR guy yesterday and now GFFH today. Shame on you all. ✍️

Just wanted to say I appreciate GFFH, even if the targets he is passing on aren't what would be on my dream list.

I have no issue with being a team that develops and sells players. My current concern though is having learnt nothing from the same squad and injury data that burnt us before, and that if the current high performing players leave in the summer, we don't have anyone we've developed in house like we did with Neto, Gomes from January etc. it's all looking at new signings and that is where you start to get into potential issues if they don't all start well

I have faith in GON to buy in players that he feels are right not Mendes Shi..

I have faith in GON to buy in players that he feels are right not Mendes Shi..
Have a feeling that GON's input will be saying thank you very much to Hobbs for any player with the odd "wouldn't mind this player....oh PSR says no...OK carry on"

The Mendes grip is hugely reduced though...mainly as Jeff has no money to give him

And his big book is mostly players we'd never get, players we've already owned or total shit these days.

If Jeff was still controlling the football side we would still sign plenty of them, mainly from his shit pile

I don’t have anything against GFFH at all, it’s more than I doubt the club have any intention to spend anything at all.

Rumours like this, and Broja etc, are there to just chuck us a bone so we don’t moan too much when they deploy Prince Will’s implement of choice to raise prices again

I don’t have anything against GFFH at all, it’s more than I doubt the club have any intention to spend anything at all.

Rumours like this, and Broja etc, are there to just chuck us a bone so we don’t moan too much when they deploy Prince Will’s implement of choice to raise prices again
I'm going to be niave and say I expect us to sign players. We will have a small/teeny tiny budget if no one leaves and a % of anything that does to add on top.
Decided its much better for the mood to blindly believe something will happen.

don't be throwing facts or logical arguments my way as I am ignoring them.

Looks like Podence's twin, might have to be a veto.

Looks a bit like a Spanish Steve Carrell from a certain angle.

I've actually watched quite a bit of Athletic since I went to one of their games last season and I like him a lot. He's nothing spectacular but it's the kind of smart signing I'd be expecting us to make this summer.

I don't think he's anything more than a tap-in merchant, would only make sense if we moved Hwang on as he already does that for us.

He is one of those players that the likes of Talksport will use to make up stories. Fully expect him to be linked with - Palace, West Ham, Forest, Fulham & Brentford as well.

There's a common theme developing with all of these free agents that we are getting linked with.

Back