• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

Boubacar out on loan? (Pure speculation)
Brownhill offers more of a goal threat around the box too, something we occasionally lack in open play. Good lad and leader by all accounts.

Would not surprise me at all that one. Low maintenance and no fee (you could question why we need another CM when we generally only play 2 and we already own 4).

I wouldn't get bent out of shape on it, he's ok, but it's probably our lowest priority area.
He's championship level dreck we shouldn't be touching.

Makes no sense to me if funds are tight, its our most well stocked position.
If he was a striker bought in as back up to cover injuries and see out end of games I could maybe see it.

If he was a striker bought in as back up to cover injuries and see out end of games I could maybe see it.
I agree we don't really need him unless we are anticipating Gomes leaving.

Yep, he's not out of contract either as was suggested. Burnley have the option of a further year so we'd actually have to pay for him.

If we want to upgrade our midfield with a realistic target then we should go after Dewsbury-Hall. They may need to sell even if they come up depending on the deal they cut with the PL. He'd be perfect in a 433 to complement Gomes and Lemina. All fantasy I suppose as we won't pay the 20odd million it'd take to get him.

If we want to upgrade our midfield with a realistic target then we should go after Dewsbury-Hall. They may need to sell even if they come up depending on the deal they cut with the PL. He'd be perfect in a 433 to complement Gomes and Lemina. All fantasy I suppose as we won't pay the 20odd million it'd take to get him.

I think it'd take more than £20M for KDH after the season he's had. I think Spurs have been linked with him as well.

The only Burnley player I'd look at would be Arijanet Muric. Good solid keeper, passes the ball excellently and I think would count as homegrown as he was in City's academy (might be wrong on the last point).

Striker
Striker who can play wide
Centre back

These should be our priorities. That's why I'd be OK with Che Adams on a free as he can play wide and up top.

Not at all sure on Broja as he can't get a game at Fulham and he'd still cost some serious money.

Not that I rate Broja, but Muniz's form has been superb, that's why he hasn't got in.
Probably helped by knowing he has someone right behind him ready to step in.

I'm not sure we've had that attacking competition for places since...?

Sheaf at Coventry has looked really good in the games I've seen him lately too, including against us.

I think it'd take more than £20M for KDH after the season he's had. I think Spurs have been linked with him as well.

The only Burnley player I'd look at would be Arijanet Muric. Good solid keeper, passes the ball excellently and I think would count as homegrown as he was in City's academy (might be wrong on the last point).
I think you saw yesterday why Kompany wanted to upgrade on Muric this season.

He is out of contract but Burnley have an extra year option with him.

Screenshot_2024-04-07-14-45-21-510_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg

Assuming Burnley go down we could always go for Fofana from Chelsea. They signed him for £11m and they need to raise funds to avoid FFP.

No doubt other clubs would be interested though. Sevilla definitely are.

Back