• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

Boubacar out on loan? (Pure speculation)
Brownhill offers more of a goal threat around the box too, something we occasionally lack in open play. Good lad and leader by all accounts.

Have you heard any of what they think they see with Brownhill? I don't particularly want him but then I didn't want Lemina also for context on the face of the initial link. Granted I hadn't seen Lemina in ages where as have seen plenty of Brownhill and he is more uninspiring and probably at his level playing for a top to solid Champ side or an extremely low end Prem team, but wonder why we are so linked with him despite that.

I'd imagine we are going to trigger the Doyle deal given the progress he has made.

Last edited:
Brereton Diaz would be good too in my view, would be happy to be a squad player and is a good footballer who wouldn't cost the earth, could also structure something regarding Guedes maybe.

Yeah been impressed with him considering the plight of the team. Played well in the game V LFC.

2 and sell Kilman and Toti. Bueno and Dawson to back them up.

None of this will happen mind

Because he's limited, over rated on here and elsewhere and therefore could potentially be over priced. He's done well to make the best of what he has.

I genuinely think a proper CB is top priority.
Not that we'd get him and there'd be derision from some but if we could get Maguire (wages permitting) and pair him with Mosquera I think that'd be a very good pairing. Toti can be that 3rd option.

Mosquera back from loan, Brownhill for more depth in midfield (not that we need it), a broja/Adams type for depth up front, and someone like Fabio cavalho for options as an attacking mid / winger wouldnt be the worst window....before any outgoings mind.

If we’re going down the cheap/low maintenance with Prem experience route, we could do worse than going for one of Mateta or Edouard from Palace. They rarely play them both at the same time so we might be able to tempt them to sell. I’d prefer one of them over Broja. We’ve been linked to Nketiah before and I’d also prefer him over Broja but he’s likely on mad wages.

Adams & Brownhill seem absolutely nailed on. At least they’ll add to the squad depth.

I’d also like us to go for Maeda from Celtic, but as per my chat with DW earlier, he might be too expensive. Moyes doesn’t seem to like Cornet & he’d be a good squad option for the wide areas.

As for a CB, I like Tosin at Fulham but suspect he’d be too much. Agree with Johnny that if we had a realistic shot at a player like Maguire we should be all over it, but there’s probably about 10 clubs ahead of us in the queue.

Tosin is on a free I think, we wouldn't pay the wages he'll get offered elsewhere though.

Shows how Fosun have gaslit people when the ambition is to sign players for depth
I don't think people have been gaslight so much as they're being realistic about what is likely to happen having seen what Fosun have done recently.

Shows how Fosun have gaslit people when the ambition is to sign players for depth
So which of our regular starters would be your priority to upgrade other than Dawson based on age not performances? Obviously any player we bring in should be challenging to start but what’s killed our season is lack of depth.

We’re going to lose at least 2 of our best players. I’d say any 2 of Neto, RAN, Gomes and Cunha may leave. Plus Max. If we replace them with landfill championship players we will be a landfill Championship team again pretty quickly.

So which of our regular starters would be your priority to upgrade other than Dawson based on age not performances? Obviously any player we bring in should be challenging to start but what’s killed our season is lack of depth.
Replace players in the first XI based on expectation of staying in PL (17th) or finish top 10? That's two very different sets of expectations.

What gets me with the Brownhill link is its for a position we don't need and have depth for, why are they so interested in him?

Back