• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Tennis Thread

Think the BBC hyperbolic commentary got the better of me!

Still I was impressed that a 15 year old girl ko'd a legend of the sport

Tbf I'd have been more taken aback had I not already seen her play...but I had :)

Venus just enters for fun now really, doesn't need the money, no real chance of winning big tournaments. If she's enjoying it and qualifying on merit then fair play.

Tsitsipas is the big shock today, never fancy Osaka on grass and like I say Zverev is terrible for losing games that he has no business struggling in (never bet on him). Dimitrov has had an awful last two years so while he shouldn't have lost today, he's way short of when he was ranked 3rd in the world as it stands.

I've not followed much tennis for a good few years, but stuck in a hotel room in Slough I had the opportunity to watch some telly without being bugged by kids/wife.

Christ, Kyrgios is a prick. Does his dying swan act after going two sets to one up. Gets broken first game and gives the set up. 18 minutes and 0-6. He won five points.

apparently when the press observed the draw, all of them were mainly interested in who Kyrgios would be drawn against.

Well he's got Nadal next (he did win the final set).

Rafa is pretty shit on grass these days but he'll still win at a canter.

Thiem is going to get knocked out here against Querrey unless something weird happens, another consistent let down outside of Paris.

Thiem is going to get knocked out here against Querrey unless something weird happens, another consistent let down outside of Paris.

Lost the final set 0-6.

The reason the Big Three (and Andy still would be, if not for injuries) are still dominating the Slams is because the generation below have an absolutely shit mentality when it matters.

Fed loses his first set 3-6.

The reason the Big Three (and Andy still would be, if not for injuries) are still dominating the Slams is because the generation below have an absolutely shit mentality when it matters.

And as if to underline the point, Tomic the tank engine (not that he's even got any ability these days, but he could have been good once) loses inside an hour to Tsonga. Pathetic.

Fed will win easily now, a set up and Harris is struggling with an injury.

And as if to underline the point, Tomic the tank engine (not that he's even got any ability these days, but he could have been good once) loses inside an hour to Tsonga. Pathetic.

Fed will win easily now, a set up and Harris is struggling with an injury.

I saw that mentioned on the live text and can't comprehend how it can be done within the hour? 25 games, 13 breaks (if they are included) it just doesn't seem right unless they nearly are all to love with hardly any rallies.

He won nine points on Tsonga's serve. One of them was a double fault.

He doesn't give a shit. He is an absolute wanker. Somehow clings to a top 100 ranking, sneaks into Slams whereupon he has won one match in the main draw in the last 10 attempts. Wasting everyone's time.

He won nine points on Tsonga's serve. One of them was a double fault.

He doesn't give a shit. He is an absolute wanker. Somehow clings to a top 100 ranking, sneaks into Slams whereupon he has won one match in the main draw in the last 10 attempts. Wasting everyone's time.

£45k for less than an hours work.

Just checked and somehow he didn't have to qualify either. Despite being ranked at 96 in the world.

Edit: Ah, 104 and upwards go in automatically now. Didn't used to be that low.

Hopefully he sinks to his rightful level of about 700, prick.

Evans, Dart, Norrie and Konta all through from a British perspective (to add to Watson and Edmund from yesterday).

Jay Clarke might well go through too.

I was at the Tsonga/Tomic game.

Tomic was a joke, but I do like Tsonga an awful lot.

It really is ridiculous that in 2019 Novak, Fed and Rafa are still the Top 3, and show no signs of relenting any time soon. Massive credit to them and shows what a special period of tennis we have had, and how good Murray was to be with them for so long. Nod to Stan also. The players below need to have a long hard look at themselves though for not pushing hard enough to rise to the top.

Andy and Serena confirmed for the mixed.

I think the Australian tennis players appear to have a serious attitude problem. Just utterly bizarre from Tomic and Kyrgios is a grade a clown.

Both acting like spoilt little rich kids, so disrespectful to the game and a fool to themselves. One day they will look back and regret wasting their opportunities.

I was sat in front of some Aussie fans at the Tomic match.

Not fun.

Back