• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Tennis Thread

Jack Draper hammers Dan Evans in an all British clash at Indian Wells.
He’s got the game to make the world top 20

Just watching Alcatraz for the first time. He occasionally shouts before striking the ball in a rally. Annoying and must be off putting for his opponent.

Spent all that time alone in SF Bay, forgotten his manners.

Just watching Alcatraz for the first time. He occasionally shouts before striking the ball in a rally. Annoying and must be off putting for his opponent.
It's that awful groan about a second after hitting the ball that does me. Right before his opponent is about to hit.

Henry Searle, 17 (from Wolverhampton) has won the junior men’s Championship at Wimbledon. First time the UK has won it in 60 years

Looks like bloody Djokovic has ground Alcaraz down sadly

Henry Searle, 17 (from Wolverhampton) has won the junior men’s Championship at Wimbledon. First time the UK has won it in 60 years

More important to me than the main final. Though Alcaraz is the main man over here Spanish are going nuts about him

Alcaraz 1 game away from the Wimbledon title

I'm delighted he won, but whilst DJokovic gave a great speech, Alcaraz, apart from him saying how proud he was about 5 or 6 times never had the grace to mention Djokovic once.
I know, heat of the moment and all that plus he was very proud, but a mention and a nod to the opposition would have been a nice touch.

Alcaraz the first winner of Wimbledon not named Federer/Djokovic/Nadal/Murray since 2002

I can only assume all the Australians bit the dust fairly early on as you would hardly know Wimbledon was on.

Back