• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things That I Really Really DISLIKE Thread.

WHAT? Really? Fucking hell.

Saying that my sister used to eat pot noodle sandwiches. No wonder the country is fucked with people like her & Bear walking around.

• Haha
Reactions: PPB
I like a slice of toast with my Pot Noodle - I'm not putting it in a sandwich tho!

Pot Noodles are a thing of my past ever since I discovered the Nissin Cup Noodle. Oh mama, that's a salty hit of MSG goodness right there!

bear does do pot noodle sandwiches.
mrs jelly will have bread, or toast, or ryvitas with pot noodle.
my dad had his first ever pot noodle a couple of weeks ago at the age of 76. He liked it so much he went out a week later buying 2 crates of 12 pot noodles each!

Don't think I've had a Pot Noodle since 1980

Is there anything out there similar to marmite that can prepare me for it?

Is there anything out there similar to marmite that can prepare me for it?
Gemma Seymour
, Food writer, recipe developer, mad kitchen scientist.
Updated 1 year ago · Author has 459 answers and 1.1M answer views

Yeast extract is extremely popular in America, actually, though most Americans don't realise it. It is used as a flavour enhancer in an inummerable variety of packaged foods, and if you read the ingredients of the chicken and beef broths on sale at your local market, you will discover they contain more yeast extract and hydrolysed yeast than meat.
However, it is true that Marmite and Vegemite, as well as other brands like Cenovit, are not very popular in the US. There are many reasons for this, chief among them being that most Americans have simply never tried it, having heard how awful it is whenever the subject comes up. Second of all, because it is unpopular, many people who have tried it have no idea how it is meant to be eaten—namely, in very small quantities. Third, due to its unpopularity, relatively few markets carry it. One must usually go to a specialty grocer to find it. I have asked in supermarkets and been met with a blank stare, because they did not know the product.
The reputation of Marmite and Vegemite in the country prevented me from even trying it, even though my family is of recent English origin, in part, and even though I frequented markets where it was sold, until I was in my 40s. From the moment I first tasted a sample of my first jar of Marmite, I was hooked for life.
Recently, a local market began carrying Vegemite, and when I found two jars in the clearance bin for $2 each, I bought them, and gave them a go. My first impression was that Vegemite is not as good as Marmite. My second impression is that Vegemite has an odor and flavour reminiscent of the insecticide aisle of a lawn and garden centre, as if one had mixed Marmite with Wasp & Hornet Killer.
I cannot get enough Marmite in my facehole. I feel extremely disappointed by Vegemite. I have never found Cenovit, or I would try it, as well. I wish Marmite was available in a small squeeze tube, say 2 ounces in size, that I could carry in my handbag.

I used to really like Bovril extract drizzled on cheese on toast. Not had it for a while - actually thinking about this as I type thats becuase I don't eat bread now, nor cheese often 🤦‍♂️

I like a slice of toast with my Pot Noodle - I'm not putting it in a sandwich tho!

Pot Noodles are a thing of my past ever since I discovered the Nissin Cup Noodle. Oh mama, that's a salty hit of MSG goodness right there!
Check out Soba noodles.

Back