• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Transfer Thread 2018/19 - everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
In theory I'd sign Grealish to eventually replace Moutinho in our current formation, but not unless Villa needed to sell at sub £20m.

MGW isn't someone I'd guarantee to come through at where we are now at and I've certainly not seen enough to feel confident about YW's England prediction.

Tielemans looks very good for Leicester. Would be a good replacement for Joao. And knows Donck well.

Real are ready to sell Martin Ødegaard for 20m Euros as Zidane will not be counting on him next season. Ajax are ready to pay that price.

Having a good season in Holland and there might be Premier league interest. I like him.

He's a good winger from what I've seen, very left footed, likes to play on the right and cut in and a bit lightweight, a bit like our very own Helder.

Wouldn't suit us particularly.

Saw yesterday that Bournemouth want to sign "aston villas" tammy abraham.

fucking some journalists are shockingly poor.

Reports in France that Monaco will place trust in George Mendes to help them navigate this summers transfer window.

Wouldn't Leicester have an advantage over Wolves due to FFP?

Only in wages allowed to be paid out. I wouldn't think we're anywhere near the top of our wage budget so it isn't like we'd be scrabbling around for budget space.

Only in wages allowed to be paid out. I wouldn't think we're anywhere near the top of our wage budget so it isn't like we'd be scrabbling around for budget space.

Would you take Mendy off Leicester?

If we're buying central midfielders then they have to offer something different to the current first choice three, most pertinently goals from open play. Mendy does not offer that, not even close.

You could maybe make a case for him being worth it purely for the "Whoop Whoop It's Da Sound Of Nampalys" chant.

No. He's nowhere near as good as Donk.

It seems Monaco are smitten with Adrien Silva so Mendes could make that swop with Leicester happen.
There is that. But regardless of where Tielemans ends up they'll want Silva and Leicester will want rid.

Would you take Mendy off Leicester?

I agree with DW and Bear I don't think Mendy is as good as any of the players we have now. Tielemans is the one as I don't think Leicester are letting Maddison go anytime soon.

If we're buying central midfielders then they have to offer something different to the current first choice three, most pertinently goals from open play. Mendy does not offer that, not even close.

You could maybe make a case for him being worth it purely for the "Whoop Whoop It's Da Sound Of Nampalys" chant.
:icon_lol:

City heavily linked with Fernandes (this sounds almost done), Rodri and Felix. That would be a bit unfair!!

Bet you'll concede that Rodri IS better than 2019 Busquets if Pep signs him...

I knew that was coming! As long as Busquets is playing anywhere he will always be the best to me ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back