• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Transfer Thread 2018/19 - everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guardian reckon it's £47m for Bruno and they'll chuck at least a couple of players Sporting's way. Don't see who that could really be though? The senior players are going to be on too much to go over and play for them. Plus they don't have *that* much depth in some areas. Then you get a possible candidate in Otamendi who's probably coming to the end of his time in the PL...but he's on a free anyway, so that wouldn't work. Mangala is a possible I suppose, but he's awful and hasn't played for well over a year.

His release clause is €100m.

Maybe Zinchenko will be one? Danilo?

Sounds like they're after Cancelo too.

Eliaquim Mangala, Aleix Garcia, Douglas Luiz and Marlos Moreno are supposed to be the ones potentially going the other way.

I like the tiny bits of Garcia I've seen but the rest are worth hardly anything, surely.

I wouldn't want Mangala if we got paid to take him, fucking dreadful.

So City basically want all the other Portuguese national team we haven't got? Pepe will feel left out and offended.

If they take Felix and Bruno then someone has to be off. Surely. They can't carry a midfield the size of a gridiron team.

There are rumours of David Silva joining Iniesta in Japan.

That would be a terrible waste. He has two years left at the elite level for me.

The J-League has been around for the thick end of 30 years. It's about as big as it'll ever be.

For reference Gary Lineker and Zico were their two first star overseas imports.

Still seems a bit harsh to consider it a "waste" if he goes there.

He can do what he wants, just there isn't much "growing" to be done over there in terms of how the game stands. It's not an emerging market.

Not sure that's true given the league is trying to combat stagnant attendance numbers recently. There's room for improvement. Not to mention big stars are good for any league and more idols at home is always good for youth participation.

If you really want to spend hours talking about Japanese society :icon_lol:

I'm telling you that the game will never grow exponentially over there from where it is now. It's a massively ageing population with a stagnant economy (where working age people are incredibly short of time, and societal norms are a fair way removed from what we would expect) and baseball is still the more popular sport. They've done very well to get a reasonably ok league developed (to a point) and a national team that can at least compete on the world stage. That's as far as it goes though, David Silva or not. Everything has a finite point.

Also the jokeshop desert leagues never got anywhere with their hoovering up of ageing stars. China isn't too clever either.

Not that I don't enjoy talking to you, of course.

City not interested in Bruno Fernandes apparently.

Sky Sources are ACE (if ace means made up of course)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back