• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Transfer Thread 2019/20 - everything not Wolves

I like Juan Mata on a personal level. Lovely, lovely guy. And he's been a quality footballer over his time in England. However it's apparent that he's in rapid decline. He's 31 now. Was never really a first choice player at United last season and it's not like he had much to beat to get in the team. He's always been a bit slow and a bit weak, but now he's a lot slow and a lot weak. And he can't really adapt his game.

On £140k a week or so. You'd think United, needing a huge reshape, would take the opportunity to wave bye bye with his deal expiring this summer. Not like you're ever going to be able to sell him for a decent fee in the future. *Maybe* you'd give him a one year extension, good influence and all that, maybe good for the odd goal and then part company next summer when the rebuild is further down the line.

Not United, oh no. Three year deal.

Who the fuck is running their club, seriously. I'd be fuming at that (and then I'd remember that they'd also recently given new deals to Young, Rojo and Jones, as well as Alexis earning £350k a week for the next billion years for doing nothing, then wonder how much they'd paid three post-Fergie managers for failing, and probably explode)

I reckon they'd still get a fee that would outweigh any costs on this new deal. Teams are stupid. They'll chuck money at anything, especially if it's a "name" like Mata.

They're committed to £22m over three years! Seems unlikely.

Elsewhere, Hummels back to Dortmund.

Not gunna lie I Googled Hummels thinking I was older than him/wtf

Andre Gomes to Everton for 25m Euro. A lot of money for a player who I don't think strengthens or weakens them either way - unless it's screamers against us obviously

Arsenal signing Tierney from Celtic. Not sure how Lycan is gonna cope.

Before that transfer he was anybody's for a pint of Carling and a packet of salted peanuts.

Quincy Promes to Ajax for a shade over €15m (rising to €17m). That's a lot of player for that money.

Leeds want Francesco Totti to come out of retirement.

Great player but he will be 43 in September and retired 2 years ago!

Back