• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Transfer Thread 2023/24 - Everything Not Wolves

Can't be many bigger substitution drop offs in quality than Rooney to Vassell
At 1-0 there's an argument you go with King/Butt/Hargreaves and pack the midfield, but Owen couldn't play up top on his own

Heskey was there but basically invalidated himself with a joke sub appearance vs France in the first game

I would argue swapping Bull or Mutch for Paskin or McLoughlin is up there :D

At 1-0 there's an argument you go with King/Butt/Hargreaves and pack the midfield, but Owen couldn't play up top on his own

Heskey was there but basically invalidated himself with a joke sub appearance vs France in the first game

I would argue swapping Bull or Mutch for Paskin or McLoughlin is up there :D
Or anyone for Doherty! 🤣🤣

I know he’s on fire in Portugal but the times I saw him for Coventry he didn’t look like a PL player in waiting. Seemed to stumble through a lot of challenges but maybe he’s one of those rare players that can continue to score scruffy goals at the top level. On the positive side from Chelsea’s viewpoint he’s unlikely to be as bad as Jackson.

Hmmm. Probably not a great week for Chelsea to be flinging round massive bids having burned a billion quid in eighteen months.

Henderson's contract in Saudi being ripped up and he will join Ajax

I remember all the comments in the summer about how "anyone would go there for that kind of money", my answer was that I wouldn't, it looks absolutely shit living in Saudi Arabia and I'd hate every day of it. There's no sum of money that's worth being unhappy all the time. If I were an already very wealthy man like Henderson who could have stayed in the PL (even stayed at Liverpool, they weren't desperate to get rid of him) or moved to another top European league then no chance at all.

“It’s one of the biggest clubs in the world. A great opportunity for me. Don’t believe what you read in the press, it has nothing to do with anything else, it was a football decision. It was a perfect opportunity to showcase what I can do and dedicate my life to football. I am overwhelmed by this opportunity. I’ll give it everthing I’ve got to get this club back.”

Right, Jordan.

Exactly how good did you think the Saudi Pro League was before you moved there? And why not just stay at Liverpool, they weren't actively looking to sell you.

Took me a sec to realize that must be him talking about Ajax and not some bullshit he said when moving to Saudi in the first place.

“It’s one of the biggest clubs in the world. A great opportunity for me. Don’t believe what you read in the press, it has nothing to do with anything else, it was a football decision. It was a perfect opportunity to showcase what I can do and dedicate my life to football. I am overwhelmed by this opportunity. I’ll give it everthing I’ve got to get this club back.”

Right, Jordan.

Exactly how good did you think the Saudi Pro League was before you moved there? And why not just stay at Liverpool, they weren't actively looking to sell you.
Who does he actually think he’s kidding? Can only be to convince himself

Back