• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that’s true, it’s all on Jeff, like to see how he deflects that blame this time.
Who’s available as a manager in Jorges books?

Suspect it won't land with most fans, but in a normal market it's not at all the news you'd want out there during the run up to renewal deadline. It's made me feel a pretty dejected TBH.

It would be quite spectacular if our stupid messaging on FFP (swallowed wholesale by poor journalists who apparently can't use a calculator) cost us our manager, one who by rights shouldn't be here, this is below our pay grade.

I don't even want to think about who we'd approach if he did leave. We'd get the Keef-style "who does Mendes know" lolz that we all know and love, but he doesn't actually have anyone that's even close to realistic. We could easily end up with Brodge. You decide for yourselves whether that would be a good idea or not.

It would be quite spectacular if our stupid messaging on FFP (swallowed wholesale by poor journalists who apparently can't use a calculator) cost us our manager, one who by rights shouldn't be here, this is below our pay grade.

I don't even want to think about who we'd approach if he did leave. We'd get the Keef-style "who does Mendes know" lolz that we all know and love, but he doesn't actually have anyone that's even close to realistic. We could easily end up with Brodge. You decide for yourselves whether that would be a good idea or not.
If and big IF for me, Lop goes then we will get snuggled fully up with Jorge again, apologise for hurting his feelings in the January window and to get the fans back onside will probably move for Nuno again

If Lop leaves because we won’t spend any money then there’s no chance anyone half decent comes in

In the event that Lopetegui goes (doubt it) then Nuno would be our best option.
It would be the only distraction that covered the huge loss of Lopetegui.

We got Lage from the lower reaches of Jorge's client book and it would be Nuno or doing that again. Not a chance we would move for someone like Rodgers or Potter as we will be fully back in the Mendes grip.

Lop's presser this week will be a good one. He is getting zero questions on the game at all.

I'm guessing it's a public threat by JL of a "give me money or I'll walk" kind of deal. And also not setting himself up for a fail of having to limp through another season with a poor squad.

I haven't actually renewed yet. It does by default on Friday as I pay by DD. Don't do anything to annoy me, Wolves.

I'd rather have Brodge than Nuno back tbh. a; going back rarely ends well. b; I think Brodge naturally lends himself to more front-foot football. c; If we want to break free of that oily cunt Mendes, hiring his best mate isn't going to help. There are others I'd prefer to Brodge obviously, but I really don't want to go back to Nuno, as much as I love the bloke.

To me it sounds like we promised him we'd have plenty of funds to build his own team.

Then Jeff thinks, actually we've spent a lot this season. I want to make the numbers look a bit better, and I don't want clubs thinking we've got loads to spend. So his media stooges say "weeeeeellllll, actually, FFP you know...".

And Lop has gone "WTF. Guillerme, I'm not happy with that message being publicly released, so put some pressure on Shi to remind him what he promised me."

I'm sure they'll hold more talks and Jeff will go "ok one more window. But after that then we'll have to make funds to spend them".

They were chasing Lopetegui for nearly six years. They reportedly used him as a consultant during the initial takeover process. They waited nearly a third of a season, with a woefully underqualified caretaker manager, until they got him.

To go through all that - years and years of approaches, back channel conversations, patience - and lose him after half a season because they were actually lying to him the whole time would be insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back