• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Velotard Thread.

I’ve got some aldi bib shorts. They’re ok
My previous ones were OK. I bought a jersey the other day and it's terrible. It was only £8 tho. It'll do for commuting.

No thank you!

Give it a go and get down with the off-roaders baby.

To be fair, would be expecting the trails to be drying out by now but about 6 months in to the crap weather they’re getting even worse. Generally head up to London tahhnn about once a month for an alternative urban ride which is pretty cool fun.

Bank holiday Monday, squeaky clean Merida for a change:

B8BC8266-0BC5-4852-A3A9-5C9C88E045C9.jpeg

I can see the appeal. Loads of my cycling group have gotten into gravel riding over the last few years. I don't have anything even approaching the right equipment for it and I really can't justify/afford to buy a new bike 😂

Besides which, I had the most innocuous collision on a ride yesterday which has resulted in my carbon wheel resembling more of a Pringle than a bike wheel. So god knows how much that is gonna cost to fix 😩

i need a new rear wheel, and noticed a spot on the rear tyre getting bald this morning. That'll be this or next months disposable income gone then!

Both mate. Been putting off accepting it!
How come you need a new wheel?

You van usually pick up a bargain set of tyre from ebay. Folks will often change the stock tyres from new bikes so lots of mint condition second hand options available.
Is it 700c you need?

the freehub issue from a month back. Managed to kind of do a patch to hold it together for now, but it is temporary. In fairness the wheel is 7 years old I suppose. To take the wheel apart and fix the freehub would cost about the same as a new wheel.

The bike came with 28mm Vittoria tyres as their standard. I think i replaced them pre covid but can't remember!

Planet X about to go bump, they’ve called the administrators in

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-66043465

Really hope something positive comes from this.
The vast majority of drivers I see/experience are actually good and reasonable. Most people allow space and time for cyclists. Problem is the ones who aren't reasonable are phenomenally dangerous. The speeding and disregard for the rules of the road in brum are really bad post pandemic.
There are areas I only feel safe cycling during rush hour, because the volume of cars on the road means they have to go a lot slower (usually slower than me on the bike tbh).

I really dislike cycling in towns, loads of motorists just don’t see you - on the A road near me you can pretty much guarantee a close miss every time you are out on a bike.

there are too many car drivers who do see you, but think "I'm going anyway" and expect everyone else to give way for them. They're the scary ones.

I ride to work, only a couple of miles each ride, but yes especially at roundabouts I must have a near miss every month usually the little one on Blackhalve Lane, probably the most pot holed road in the area.

Back