• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

Picked Football Manager 2013 up from Asda out of the bargain bins for £10. I think my girlfriend will not be too pleased :D

The writing is on the wall. She'll need to find a new boyfriend. Tis why I will never allow myself to touch that series. I'm bad enough with Skyrim but I'm lucky my girlfriend likes it too.

They'd be really, really stupid to do that.

Without the pre-owned market I think video games wouldn't be half as popular as they are.

Just because they've patented it doesn't mean they're going to use it, just protecting their idea, might use it on something completely different or just stick it in a drawer and forget about it.

Without the pre-owned market I think video games wouldn't be half as popular as they are.

True but at the same time I think we'll see a lot more games being download only in the next generation of consoles. Fewer physical products to sell or trade in will screw the market over anyway even before this idea is implemented.

Bandy has it spot on, without the used game market. I can't see the game market being as strong as it now ever again.

I'm thinking back to my Sega MegaDrive :)

Bandy has it spot on, without the used game market. I can't see the game market being as strong as it now ever again.

Well it will because the demand will still be there. People will always want the latest games - look how many people turn up to midnight launches of certain games.

It'd be very unpopular for the industry to find a way around the preowned market (it'd piss me off!), but they'd be well within their rights to do so - why shouldn't they be able to cash in every time someone 'buys' their game?

Wouldn't make any difference to me i dont think, i've never bought a pre-owned game, only one occasion where i've decided to trade games in and i cant remember the last time i borrowed a game from someone else either.

I almost always trade in and part exchange finished games so it'd really screw me over. Since my kids were born and vacuumed away and disposable income we might have previously had, the preowned games market has helped loads.

It'd be a cuntish thing for them to do but like I say, they're a business and they'd be well within their rights to. It's no different to piracy when you think about it.

Interesting - this would really annoy my wife but it looks ace to me.

Got Farcry 3 yesterday to go with my resurected Xbox, time to give it a quick try.

The PS3 is going as I never use it any more.

Wondering where the best place to sell/trade it in would be? Any advice?

Game actually looks like the best option at the moment.

I usually see how much cex offer online, print it out and ask game to price match.

I looked into that and they both offer the same for part exchange. I'll probably end up doing that.

Activision are bringing out a Game based on The Walking Dead, apparently going to be called Walking Dead Survival Instinct, it's out in March, got voice actors, it had poor reviews but the developer said it was an early beta version of it. It starts as a prequel to The Walking Dead.

Back