• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

Cheers Toon. I think the purpose of him insisting on an Xbox is to play his mate online, so i think that's the route i'll have to go down.

Cheers Toon. I think the purpose of him insisting on an Xbox is to play his mate online, so i think that's the route i'll have to go down.

No problem, mate. Just be aware when playing online he may encounter some right dodgy characters- I mean, Langdale's on there for a start...:2xGay:

I have both, so here is a few plus points for each:

Xbox:

Cheaper. And the new models FINALLY have inbuilt wireless and a decent HDD size
Xbox Live > PSN

PS3:

A better 'media hub'
Blu-Ray
PSN may be inferior, but it is free.

In terms of actual games, there really isn't anything in it, and is down to personal preference. Obviously, you get exclusives for each system - there are some brilliant 'exclusives' for both systems. Personally, the PS3 JUST wins it for exclusives as it has Uncharted - but that's not really any use for a young 'un. As it's for your lad, then have a quick look at LittleBigPlanet which is also a PS3 exclusive. Very addictive, and brilliant for kids.

Personally, if I didn't have either, I'd be going for the Xbox with at least a 100GB hard drive. You can get some absolute steals nowadays though. Check out HotUKDeals every so often. THIS is a very decent deal.

Both are brilliant machines.

Don't get a Wii. They're gimmicky and the novelty soon wears off.

No problem, mate. Just be aware when playing online he may encounter some right dodgy characters- I mean, Langdale's on there for a start...:2xGay:

Nothing compared to the disgraceful language you would come out with if Wombourne's lad thrashed you at FIFA. Which he probably would, because you are to gaming what James Corden is to the world of comedy.

I'll have to make sure he's supervised at all time then.

In all seriousness, the Xbox does have a very good parental control system, so if there's something you're not sure about him playing (or hearing) you can easily stop him from being exposed to him. With online play, it works out a lot cheaper to buy a 12 month xbox live sub from eBay. You get sent a code which you input into the console when prompted and that's it. Costs around £27 if you know where to look.

Just shout if you need any advice on the best places to go.

Cheers for that Langdale.

As for the Wii, too late mate, the missus invested in one a few years ago when she thought Wii fit was the answer to all her problems.

Nothing compared to the disgraceful language you would come out with if Wombourne's lad thrashed you at FIFA. Which he probably would, because you are to gaming what James Corden is to the world of comedy.

That hurts, man. Not cool...:jpshakehead::steam:

But a comparison to that useless tub of blubber, Corden? There's a line, my friend, and you crossed it...:angry-smiley-034:

Whales have blubber. I find your disgraceful pigeon holing of those majestic ocean dwelling mammals offensive.

Bloomin' hell Kenny, you're either the Stig, or playing on the fisher price level.

Somewhere in the middle, so a Fisher Price Stig!

Finished my 2nd season and finished 3rd in a Virgin (that sounds wrong!!) After a brilliant win in the final race of the season I had contract offers showering down on me, except from Virgin as they got stroppy when I turned down a $10.5m 1 year contract!. I am now the number 2 driver at McLaren with Lewis pretending to be the number one. 2 races, 2 wins. Lewis 2nd and 4th.

October 22nd 2010- also known as New Vegas day...

It got a surprisingly low score on CVG - 8.1 out of 10. Weird because it's supposed to be the same as Fallout 3.

I think people who loved Fallout 3 will love New Vegas.

It got a surprisingly low score on CVG - 8.1 out of 10. Weird because it's supposed to be the same as Fallout 3.

I think people who loved Fallout 3 will love New Vegas.

Other reviews I've seen have been 9/10 and 5 stars. I think CVG's low(ish) score could be because it is really more of the same, especially in terms of game engine. Also, it has an annoying crash bug, but that is going to be fixed by a opening day patch. Possibly this has had an effect on the mark?

I know I am way behind you avid gamers but finally got every acheivement on Bioshock (except the extra one in the patch about completing the whole game on hard without dying). Quietly chuffed.

I know I am way behind you avid gamers but finally got every acheivement on Bioshock (except the extra one in the patch about completing the whole game on hard without dying). Quietly chuffed.

Impressive! I haven't got them all- I haven't found all the diaries for a start! It's things like this make the word 'Achievement' mean something...

Maps for Black Ops unveiled:
Array
Snow covered landscape. Good medium to long range fighting.
Size: Large

Crack
Streets of Vietnam. Well balanced for Search & Destroy.

Crisis
Cuban base. Epic indoor and outdoor battles.
Size: Medium

Firing range
Military practice facility. Hectic Domination games.
Size: Small

Grid
Russian power grid. Plenty of tactical spots for fighting.

Hanoi
NVA prison camp. Excellent for Headquarters matches.

Havana
Cuban city. Filled with tactical street fights.

Jungle
Jungle warfare. Great vertical gameplay.

Launch
Huge space launch facility. Perfect for any game mode.

Nuketown
Nuclear testing grounds. Fast-paced action on a small map.
Size: Small

Radiation
Fully operating plant. A well balanced map for any play style.

Summit
Research facility on a snowy mountain. Fight from all angles.

Villa
Urban estate. Good corridors for long range firefights.

WMD
An old Soviet base. Intense Capture the Flag matches.

Havana and Crisis interest me as I've been to Cuba. Cannot WAIT to play this.

Back