• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

I've been playing Fallout New Vegas since it's release. Good game but it's not as good as Fallout 3 unfortunately...

I've been playing Fallout New Vegas since it's release. Good game but it's not as good as Fallout 3 unfortunately...

I don't know, I don't think there's much to choose between them really. Both great, great games...

I don't know, I don't think there's much to choose between them really. Both great, great games...

It just lacks a huge populated area with plenty of kick offs like Fallout 3 had with the Washington DC area and the metro system.

Just played some wager matches - I did 'Gun Game' first - absolutely brilliant fun. That's the one where you get a new weapon after every kill, and the first person to get to 20 wins. Some of the weapons are useless though - having 2 sniper rifles in a pretty enclosed map was tricky. And - amazingly enough - I managed to win it!! The final kill with a ballistic knife was genius - and I got called a 'jammy cunt' by the guy I killed.

Then my mate came online so had some TDM. Managed to get a 30-6 score in one game - including 2 helicopters. New best killstreak is 11. And after the Gun Game, I tried the ballistic knife. Very, very funny weapon. Feels great when it works.

Loving this game the more I discover about it!

It just lacks a huge populated area with plenty of kick offs like Fallout 3 had with the Washington DC area and the metro system.

I actually bought New Vegas the day it was released and still haven't played it. I have one question what I missed in Fallout 3 (which Oblivion had) was a major city, yes Megaton and Rivet City weren't small but they were nothing compared to the Oblivion one(I forget the name). My question, does New Vegas have a big city, New Vegas itself? (I'm talking 3-4 times bigger than Megaton)

Just played some wager matches - I did 'Gun Game' first - absolutely brilliant fun. That's the one where you get a new weapon after every kill, and the first person to get to 20 wins. Some of the weapons are useless though - having 2 sniper rifles in a pretty enclosed map was tricky. And - amazingly enough - I managed to win it!! The final kill with a ballistic knife was genius - and I got called a 'jammy cunt' by the guy I killed.

Then my mate came online so had some TDM. Managed to get a 30-6 score in one game - including 2 helicopters. New best killstreak is 11. And after the Gun Game, I tried the ballistic knife. Very, very funny weapon. Feels great when it works.Loving this game the more I discover about it!

You wait until you try the crossbow with exploding bolts...This actually feels like a weapon straight out of Bioshock, which can't be a bad thing...

And my current best killstreak is 9...

Vettel and Webber collide in Turkey to gift me the victory, cheers lads.

A mate of mine is a complete technophobe and wanted to know what console to buy. Loads of our lot have Xboxes, so I told him to make sure it's the Xbox (as I said, he's a technophobe - he thinks Blu-Ray is the nickname for our mate who goes to every fancy dress party as a smurf) so we can all play online.

He has just bought............ a PS3. For fuck's sake........

He says he likes the idea of the 'media hub'. This guy does not own an HD-ready TV either. I asked him why he didn't get a 360, and he said it doesn't matter, we can still play Black Ops online, can't we?

<Bangs head against wall>

I like my 360 WAAAAY more as a media hub than my PS3. Then again, my PS3 still actually works, so I guess it wins by default.

I've been playing Gran Turismo 5 pretty heavily since I bought it Wednesday.

Argh I hated that stupid downtown DC area. And I even know all the stops.

PC related - just picked up Football Manager 2011 and I love it. The 3D match engine looks terrific and negotiating with agents and match preparation with the coaches are really excellent.

The wolves transfer budget of £130k is most amusing although I understand that there are millions to come in january if you are out of the relegation zone (I am in 11th after 5 matches)

Ha ha ha! That is brilliant! Lucky as hell, but still brilliant.

Great game last night LW, we kicked some ass! 19 win streak according to my stats!

We were simply unbeatable, weren't we? Awesome teamwork in action.

Probably the best form I've ever been in actually - it's all downhill from here!

Anybody have a solution for the 360's not reading disks?

Realise this is a gamers thread and the general opinions seem to be X-Box slightly shading it from PS3as the system to have, however my wife has just bought a Wii for the kids/family.

I think its ideal for them as the motion games will appeal at their age (7 + 5), but as I've not had a games console since my 48k Spectrum (nvever got that to work very often either) can anyone advise please?

Best four or five Wii games to get? Thinking along lines of car racing, football etc.
Are the accessories like stearing wheels, tennis rackets etc worth buying?

Accessories are not worth buying and Wii's are only fun when you're drunk, I'm guessing your kids won't be drunk any time soon. Seriously though, you play it loads at first then after 1-2 months it becomes a bore. At least that's what's happened with anyone I know who has bought a Wii.

Oh Mario Galaxy if you're going to get something, Sonic and Mario at the Olympic games can be fun too.

Back