• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

Anybody have a solution for the 360's not reading disks?

Install the game onto the hard drive - that should do the trick.

Realise this is a gamers thread and the general opinions seem to be X-Box slightly shading it from PS3as the system to have, however my wife has just bought a Wii for the kids/family.

I think its ideal for them as the motion games will appeal at their age (7 + 5), but as I've not had a games console since my 48k Spectrum (nvever got that to work very often either) can anyone advise please?

Best four or five Wii games to get? Thinking along lines of car racing, football etc.
Are the accessories like stearing wheels, tennis rackets etc worth buying?

Mario Kart
Mario Galaxy
Wii Sports Resort

Are the three best for what you've specified - the steering wheel for Mario Kart is well worth it, the others are just daft gimmicky bits of plastic and really not worth it. Mario Galaxy is an absolute masterpiece.

I've been playing Gran Turismo 5 pretty heavily since I bought it Wednesday

t3ch - as an owner of both consoles, how does GT5 compare to Forza 3 (if you've played it)?

I'm getting around to owning another 360 after the last one died, but I'm having a PS3 itch since GT5 was released. It's an old favourite of mine.

Reading around it seems Forza may well be an adequate replacement?

There's hardly any difference in my opinion Ned, considering it's been in development for 6 years it's not as special as it should be.

Cool, the Xbox is winning as my other half wants Kinect. Plus I've still got a few unplayed games lay around from before.

I don't particularly want to drop everything and go for a PS3 just because of one game, but GT has always been a big pull for me.

And I've just read that Nordschleife is on both...

Forza is an outstanding game, and you can expect a new addition every couple of years. You won't get that from GT.

I rule on Black Ops. Just played a match and finished with 84 kills, 15 deaths.

2 gunships, 2 chopper gunners, and just to rub it in, I got a care package - dogs. Mwahahahahaaa!

Toon Wolf was on the other side. And he was gutted.

Forza is an outstanding game, and you can expect a new addition every couple of years. You won't get that from GT.

Spent a very happy afternoon playing forza - it is superb. Suzuka is brilliantly rendered on there, but the speedway where you have half the lap inside the oval and then go through a tunnel outside the stadium is a fabulous track to drive.

I think I'm sold on the Xbox/Forza combo.

I can't honestly justify the extra money for a PS3 just to play GT5 and the Kinect is very much a selling point for us both.

And I'll finally get to finish Bioshock 2...

I'm hooked on F1 at the moment, won the title in my first season with Lotus by a point. I was pretty pissed off when I had to stay with them again the next season as I didn't get any other offers.

I'm hooked on F1 at the moment, won the title in my first season with Lotus by a point. I was pretty pissed off when I had to stay with them again the next season as I didn't get any other offers.

I've binned the dumb ass game

Season 1 - Lotus, did ok. Thought I would get an offer so turned down the renewal
Season 2 - Virgin (that bit me on the ass) but I ruled and finished ahead of Jenson Button in the table
Season 3 - McLaren - Get out of my way Button - Dominated (except at Monaco, I am shit at Monaco). WORLD CHAMPION \0/
Season 4 - No offer from McLaren!!! Number 2 Driver at a fast diminishing Red Bull. Raced at Bahrain, flipped Alonso over and never been back.

I'm struggling to find the motivation to go into the second season now, just playing it online.

I rule on Black Ops. Just played a match and finished with 84 kills, 15 deaths.

2 gunships, 2 chopper gunners, and just to rub it in, I got a care package - dogs. Mwahahahahaaa!

Toon Wolf was on the other side. And he was gutted.

Only because in the 30 seconds I was in that game with you after joining, your gunship and dogs killed me 10 times! I don't think I actually moved out of my spawn point!

Anyone who fancies adding me on 360, my gamertag is TheXBear. I play Black Ops most days, either on my own or with a couple of lads from work. My KD always seems to hover around 1.00, but my most used guns (Commando and AK74u have a KD of around 1.7-1.9).

Oh and my Wolves playercard is awesome (see avatar :) )

Last edited:
Anyone who fancies adding me on 360, my gamertag is TheXBear. I play Black Ops most days, either on my own or with a couple of lads from work. My KD always seems to hover around 1.00, but my most used guns (Commando and AK74u have a KD of around 1.7-1.9).

Oh and my Wolves playercard is awesome.

I concur. It's awesome. Toon - I'm afraid to say yours looks like something my son produced at nursery in comparison. (Which was meant to big up Bear's as opposed to poke fun at yours).

Ha ha. Two chopper gunners on Nuketown in consecutive games tonight (from packages, I ain't that good!). Awesome spawn raping fun!

Finally got round to unlocking Ghost Pro too. Pain in the arse shooting 30 planes down.

Ha ha. Two chopper gunners on Nuketown in consecutive games tonight (from packages, I ain't that good!). Awesome spawn raping fun!

Finally got round to unlocking Ghost Pro too. Pain in the arse shooting 30 planes down.

Ghost Pro is great. I don't even bother trying to shoot the aircraft down though until I unlock the Strela. That baby kicks ass! The other launcher with only having one shot and no lock-on is a pain in the arse and you spend more time dying than shooting down the birds...

I also have to unlock Hardline Pro and Warlord Pro... I might try for Scavenger Pro as well on this Prestige.

I used to use Scavenger on virtually every class on MW2 but I haven't used it once on Black Ops. Mainly because you can't now use two Claymores.

Prestiged again last night.

Going to concentrate on Ghost and Steady Aim this time. Not done them before.

Prestiged again last night.

Going to concentrate on Ghost and Steady Aim this time. Not done them before.

Ghost Pro is the dog's proverbials. There's a hesitation on your name appearing above you for the enemy to see so it can give you a bit of an advantage in a gunfight. You also can't be seen from above and by sentry guns, claymores etc.

The Major Nelson podcast brings the first details of the initial, inevitable Call of Duty: Black Ops map pack. "First Strike" will be released on Xbox Live on February 1, 2011 -- as a timed exclusive, so give it about a month if you want it on another platform. The pack includes four competitive maps: "Discovery," based on the Reznov mission and taking place in an Antarctic research station; "Kowloon" set in, of course, Kowloon, this time on rooftops; "Berlin Wall," a fight at Checkpoint Charlie; and "Stadium," set in an American hockey rink. It also includes a Zombie map, "Ascension."

The DLC will sell for 1200 Microsoft Points ($15), the customary Call of Duty map pack price point.

Back