• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

Impressive! I haven't got them all- I haven't found all the diaries for a start! It's things like this make the word 'Achievement' mean something...

I had a good walkthrough to give me tips but it still was bloody challenging - I nearly missed two diaries when I was building the big daddy suit and had to go back several levels before entering the proving grounds because I had one weapon power-up missing. I love the ending if you save all the little sisters. A truly magnificent game. Mood-wise it is so dark and claustrophobic. Now to pick up Bioshock 2 and try and complete that before I get infinite.

I had a good walkthrough to give me tips but it still was bloody challenging - I nearly missed two diaries when I was building the big daddy suit and had to go back several levels before entering the proving grounds because I had one weapon power-up missing. I love the ending if you save all the little sisters. A truly magnificent game. Mood-wise it is so dark and claustrophobic. Now to pick up Bioshock 2 and try and complete that before I get infinite.

In many respects, I think Bioshock 2 is better than the first, though it doesn't do a lot different. It felt bigger, it felt more intuitive (you can fire plasmids and weapons pretty much simultaneously) and it felt like it provided more moral dilemmas. The moments where you have to defend your little sister are really brilliant and intense. There are more difficult fights (the Big Sisters and Brute Splicers are tough). You'll love it, I guarantee...

incinerate 3 and a steel tip crossbow bolt at the same time????? that would be nuclear!!!

incinerate 3 and a steel tip crossbow bolt at the same time????? that would be nuclear!!!

There's a spear gun in 2- using Telekinesis to hold a splicer up in the air and then fire the spear gun so it impales them onto the nearest wall is pretty damned fun...

Looks great. Better than MW2, no question. If the single player lasts longer than about half an hour, I'll definitely buy it...

I wouldn't pin your hopes on the single player mate. It sounds better than MW2, but I wouldn't expect a long campaign mode. They'll have concentrated on the multiplayer.

The most pleasing thing about the multiplayer is that they seem to have listened to the community. Drop shots are really annoying, so that 'diving' feature is a good way to stop them.

I wouldn't pin your hopes on the single player mate. It sounds better than MW2, but I wouldn't expect a long campaign mode. They'll have concentrated on the multiplayer.

The most pleasing thing about the multiplayer is that they seem to have listened to the community. Drop shots are really annoying, so that 'diving' feature is a good way to stop them.

Yeah, I expect the single player to be short. Still, it looks a good game overall. I think the fact that it is made by Treyarch who did World at War is a good thing. I know you disagree but I definitely think World at War, whilst not as polished as MW2, was a much, much better gaming experience. I still play it regularly, months and months after ditching MW2.

Yeah, I expect the single player to be short. Still, it looks a good game overall. I think the fact that it is made by Treyarch who did World at War is a good thing. I know you disagree but I definitely think World at War, whilst not as polished as MW2, was a much, much better gaming experience. I still play it regularly, months and months after ditching MW2.

Oh WaW is a GREAT game. No arguments there. Though the single player sucked - what the fuck was it with those never-ending 'nades???!

I can see why people prefer WaW to MW2 though. Hopefully Black Ops will blow them both out of the water - I'm pretty confident it will.

Oh WaW is a GREAT game. No arguments there. Though the single player sucked - what the fuck was it with those never-ending 'nades???!

I can see why people prefer WaW to MW2 though. Hopefully Black Ops will blow them both out of the water - I'm pretty confident it will.

Grenades in single player WaW were so annoying! That's why I never completed it on the hardest difficulty, I seemed to always die under a barrage of the things...

As for Black Ops, if it combines the polish of MW2 with the superb multiplayer gameplay of WaW (without allowing the hacking of the 10th prestige mode), it will indeed be a superb game...

Any word on black ops prices? is there likely to be another price war like with fifa?

Any word on black ops prices? is there likely to be another price war like with fifa?

I've heard that it's £39.99 in Tescos. Which is hardly a great start!!

I'm wondering whether to order from shopto.net - which usually means it's here for the release day.

Really can't decide on this one - if they are taking the moans of the community seriously. like it sounds like they are, it could be a great game. The only thing that puts me off is the wankers who actually play it - have they sorted the party chat thing out too?

Really can't decide on this one - if they are taking the moans of the community seriously. like it sounds like they are, it could be a great game. The only thing that puts me off is the wankers who actually play it - have they sorted the party chat thing out too?

Yeah, that's sorted. A real hate of mine in MW2. I think S&D is game chat only, but that makes sense. Normal TDM etc works with party chat. Other things they've done via reading community comments:

No akimbo shotguns (they're primary weapons as well).
No quick scoping.
Killstreaks don't 'stack'.
No commando.
No juggernaught.

All in all, I think they've done a lot of listening. It sounds brilliant.

We'll never get rid of the wankers, but if I don't have to hear them, that's a bonus.

Oh my good god - you will never guess what the Zombie mode features!!!

:ursofunny:

SERIOUS spoilers in this link, but this sounds fucking unbelievable!!

Black Ops Zombies

Can't believe this thread hasn't been touched since Black Ops. Unless it's just me who is mildly addicted?!

Toon - will you be online later? Not played for a while and have withdrawal symptoms.

Can't believe this thread hasn't been touched since Black Ops. Unless it's just me who is mildly addicted?!

Toon - will you be online later? Not played for a while and have withdrawal symptoms.

I may be online for a couple of hours this afternoon and later on tonight. Had a decent couple of sessions yesterday- tried a couple of Wager matches- the 'Sticks and Stones' one is brilliant fun! The additional little features that this has over MW2 make it a significant improvement in my view. I've also had a go on the Zombies and Combat Training now. The Combat Training is a great way to learn the maps and to learn the best way to utilise your weapons and perks. Great features...

I had a look at my Combat Record- also a good feature by the way- and it's quite interesting! I am so inconsistent it's untrue! The peaks and troughs of my performance are ludicrous!

I may be online for a couple of hours this afternoon and later on tonight. Had a decent couple of sessions yesterday- tried a couple of Wager matches- the 'Sticks and Stones' one is brilliant fun! The additional little features that this has over MW2 make it a significant improvement in my view. I've also had a go on the Zombies and Combat Training now. The Combat Training is a great way to learn the maps and to learn the best way to utilise your weapons and perks. Great features...

Yeah, I think it beats MW2 - the killstreaks don't ruin the games like they used to, and I think the amount of RC-XDs will decrease once people get over the initial fascination with them. People like me, that is. It's much better in terms of balance.

Not tried the Wager matches yet but might give it a go later.

Another problem that infuriated me with MW2 was how little Spec Ops was utilised. Where were the additional levels? It was a great feature and just wasn't given the TLC it deserved.

Finished the campaign mode, by the way. The story is miles better than MW2's but overall, I was a bit disappointed by it. There's absolutely nothing new whatsoever, despite some awesome large scale explosions. I might go back and do it on Veteran in a few months time (for geeky achievements) but otherwise, there's not much to bring you back to it. Especially with such an impressive multiplayer mode.

Back