• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

Not played Sorare specifically but have played others with similar profit models... They're addictive in the same way that slots are addictive, and not by accident.

I'd stay away, personally.

I've played loads of Tears of the Kingdom since Thursday - and it's better than Breath of the Wild in every single way. and considering that is the best game I've ever played, that's quite an accolade.

It's simply unbelievable how they have managed to make this game. The combinations of fusing weapons to various things littered about the landscape, the freedom to craft absolutely crazy gadgets such as makeshift carts, gliders, rewinding time to reach secret places (or even in combat if you're clever) is astonishing.

There's not even a right or wrong way to complete a shrine or a puzzle. If it works, it's right - and there's so many different ways of achieving things.

It's bigger than BotW as well - and over multiple levels with far more secrets to discover, way more enemy types, a stack of side quests etc.

This will keep me busy for a very long time - it's a very, very special video game.

But… but…

I don’t wanna craft things!!

Then you don't have to. It's designed so that you can use more traditional methods to progress.

Though you'd be missing out on so much hilarity and fun if you didn't mess around with the building mechanics.

I’m just being a child, don’t mind me. 🙂

Should I still be getting Breath of the Wild first?

On a side note, my kids have a couple of pretty new Switch games they don’t want, is it worth trading them in somewhere? Do you get much for them?

I would say it would have been better to have played BOTW before. It is a sequel, there are characters and continuing storylines from BOTW, and geographically it is broadly the same so you'd know your way around (to an extent- for "reasons" it is not exactly the same).
The question is, do you want to spend hundreds of hours on BOTW before playing this brand new shiny game?

Given the specific nature of the changes to the map in TotK, I really think it is important to get filthy with BotW's map first.

Should I still be getting Breath of the Wild first?

On a side note, my kids have a couple of pretty new Switch games they don’t want, is it worth trading them in somewhere? Do you get much for them?

Cex are pretty good for voucher price if you'll use it, less for cash price. Switch stuff seems to hold decent value. BotW is 32 voucher, 22 cash

I've just watched the 45 minute Starfield video. I need that game. It looks amazing.
With it being Bethesda making it, I am holding my excitement in reserve. Looks awesome for sure, but sometimes they fail to deliver on their promises(I'm looking at you Fallout 4).

I'm currently really enjoying Dead Island 2 on the Ps5; the wait was worth it!

Fallout 4 is great, but has some flaws. Not game breaking or anything, and nothing that prevents it being anything other than brilliant. But there are some people who aren't fans, fucking weirdos... 😜😂

Fallout 4 is great, but has some flaws. Not game breaking or anything, and nothing that prevents it being anything other than brilliant. But there are some people who aren't fans, fucking weirdos... 😜😂
Haha. I just did not think it was all it was cracked up to be, and I overall like the Fallout games....just not that one so much lol. On the flip side, I love Anthem and it got panned by everybody so take that for what you will lol.

Fallout New Vegas has been my favourite of the series. The missions involving the gang of Elvis impersonators are just about the best things in video game history! 😂😂

Fallout New Vegas has been my favourite of the series. The missions involving the gang of Elvis impersonators are just about the best things in video game history! 😂😂
Yes that was great haha.

Would say my favorite game series of all time:

Gears of War
Half-Life
Fable

I've just watched the 45 minute Starfield video. I need that game. It looks amazing.
Yeah I thought it looked fantastic. A mixture of No Man's Sky, Mass Effect and the books/TV show The Expanse, sprinkled with the Bethesda charm that makes their games so appealing.

And it's on Game Pass - result!

Now I've got to try and finish Zelda by September....

Starfield looks ridiculously ambitious, could be amazing but even if I had an Xbox or a good pc I’d never have the time for it! I did really enjoy No Man’s Sky though, even before all the updates they’ve done that I’ve never touched so maybe I’ll go back to that instead at some point!

Back