• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

I really want to enjoy Elden Ring but I just can't get on with it at all. I found it very challenging!

I stopped playing FIFA a while ago and completely forgot I was paying £90 for EA Play Pro, so time to give Jedi Survivor a go I think. Just downloading it now, a whopping 135GB!

It's Zelda day! Mr Postman has been and my order is waiting for me when I get back from work later. The review embargo was listed at 1pm and it looks and sounds utterly amazing.

It sounds very much like there will be a new entry at #1 in my favourite games ever list very soon...

I hope the Shrines are more interesting this time.

It's Zelda day! Mr Postman has been and my order is waiting for me when I get back from work later. The review embargo was listed at 1pm and it looks and sounds utterly amazing.

It sounds very much like there will be a new entry at #1 in my favourite games ever list very soon...
My kids got a switch for Christmas and my son is just playing through Link’s Awakening (and obviously I have been playing it too!)

It’s my first of experience of a Zelda game but Breath of the Wild had since been swiftly added to my birthday list…or should I skip it and go straight into the new game?

You were one of those people who criticised Neves' first touch when he scored THAT goal v Derby, weren't you?
I wouldn't say "criticize", if anything the iffy first touch made the second all the more impressive!

I just got tired of the Shrines after a point. Hunting for them was almost always a joy, but getting inside was usually "oh... that's it, huh?"

My kids got a switch for Christmas and my son is just playing through Link’s Awakening (and obviously I have been playing it too!)

It’s my first of experience of a Zelda game but Breath of the Wild had since been swiftly added to my birthday list…or should I skip it and go straight into the new game?
The first game really is worth playing. I don't think it's the masterpiece that some do but the things that it gets right it absolutely nails. In that way that seemingly only Nintendo can do.

How have you got it today?!? Amazon aren't delivering mine till tomorrow... 😒

Another reason not to actually use Amazon... 🤦🏼

Why bother with physical copies at all? They don't even pack them with manuals anymore.

Yes, but I am old...
(And I have really slooooowww WiFi, would take a week to download)

My two are just starting to get in to gaming a little and as a family, we've all been playing 'Sackboy: A Big Adventure' on PS5. It was free to download on PSN store a couple of months ago - but it's such a well made, fun little game. You can play every level as two player, meaning if your child is struggling to do something, you can pick them up and help them do it. Honestly, it's such a fun game.

Shopto are always the best for new releases as they always get the games in early.

Not sure if this counts as a video game but is anyone on Sorare? Is it worth getting into? Since you need to invest money in those cards (although apparently you can get free ones as well) and play them in "prize competitions", doesn't it sound like gambling?

I'm looking for an honest opinion from someone that actually uses it regularly.

Last edited:
Back