• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

I'm all for nostalgia, but why on earth would anyone want to play a game with dot matrix graphics on a green screen on a big telly?

Madness.

Just had a quick Tetris blast and it works really well! Love it

Edit - on handheld switch for @Langers benefit

That 1bit LCD is impossible to replace, it’s true.

I bet the sprites in 6 Golden Coins hold up pretty well tbh.

I bet they don't.... 😂

I love Steve Bull - he's my absolute hero. I wouldn't want to start him at Southampton on Saturday. Sometimes, age is a bitch.

If we're safe end of the season I'm all for it

When Mick got the sack weren't there some fans saying "give it Bully until the end of the season"?

I bet they don't.... 😂

I love Steve Bull - he's my absolute hero. I wouldn't want to start him at Southampton on Saturday. Sometimes, age is a bitch.
Don't take my childhood away from me 😂

Jedi Survivor is currently installing - looks tremendous. That's my Friday night sorted.

I have 2 weeks to complete it before the new Zelda comes out. Which I'm predicting will usurp Breath of the Wild as my all time favourite game of all time ever. It looks astonishingly good from the previews I've seen.

Just wrapped up Metroid Prime Remastered. Stunning coat of paint on a game that is always in my personal GOAT conversation.

It looks the way my 11 year old brain remembers the original looking back in 2002. Mark of a great remaster, IMO.

Last edited:
Just about to finish The Witcher and all its DLC. Excellent game and fantastic value for money.
I play Microsoft Flight Simulator (Xbox) and another game…keeping it simple…so now the other game will be the Mass Effect Trilogy. See you next year!

Just about to finish The Witcher and all its DLC. Excellent game and fantastic value for money.
I play Microsoft Flight Simulator (Xbox) and another game…keeping it simple…so now the other game will be the Mass Effect Trilogy. See you next year!
Just finished the Mass Effect trilogy! I burnt myself out a bit by back to backing so I'd recommend playing something short between 2 and 3. Other than that I really enjoyed them

My problem with ME is I always feel that I have to play all 3 games as a single package. And I must have played through the first game 100 times and the second about 50… So it’s sort of become a slog to get to the third, even though I’ve only beaten it twice.

My problem with ME is I always feel that I have to play all 3 games as a single package. And I must have played through the first game 100 times and the second about 50… So it’s sort of become a slog to get to the third, even though I’ve only beaten it twice.
Yeah, totally understand that, it was how I played them - I just felt a bit done with the whole trilogy about 3/4 of the way through ME3. Went off and played something else (Horizon Forbidden West - crap, rattled through it pretty quickly, rubbish acting and a poor plot) and came back to ME3 refreshed and enjoyed the final 1/4.

I’m a wimp and do not like difficult games. I play to enjoy, not to fight a boss 50 times to try and move on.
I do like the look of Elden Ring though…..how hard is it really?
It's just really really big. Brilliant though. Some of the bosses are ridiculous but there are lots of guides that I've found really useful. I wouldn't say I'm hugely skilled but I've got through to the end with a great walk-through, boss help videos and cheating!

Back