• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

I think I was probably addicted to FIFA from 11 to 17 (the game years, not my age). Must have played tens of thousands of hours.

I don't look back on those hours as "well spent".

I think I was probably addicted to FIFA from 11 to 17 (the game years, not my age). Must have played tens of thousands of hours.

You'll feel the same about the time you've spent on this forum at some point in the future.

;)

I started growing weary of FIFA games when their attention focussed too much on shitty Ultimate Team and they never really updated the career mode. Ultimate Team bored me to tears with way too much attention on microtransactions and people got really obsessed with that mode for some odd reason.

I doubt much will change with the latest incarnation.

I was the same but from 17 onwards - the first title when they brought in the Frostbite game engine. Frostbite really upped the quality of the gameplay, for years Pro Evo had the better gameplay compared to FIFA. FIFA player movements were sluggish and the midfield was always congested as the AI players ran into each other. Pro Evo was smoother in terms of player movement and also how the ball behaved.
Frostbite made FIFA a serious contender to Pro Evo from FIFA 17 onwards.

Helped that Konami stopped giving a fuck, the bastards.

17 was incredible. But it was also the peak of my FUT playing. At one point I added up the money I spent on those stupid packs... Suffice to say, I needed to step back.

I only started playing FUT in FIFA19 but quickly got tired of opening packs and having to rely on different cards to improve the Chemistry of my team. Wasnt for me.

Just preordered the new Mario. I’m still very much a child at heart.

Just seen RDR is coming to the Switch in a few weeks. I'll have that.

Only a few hours into starfield, not finding much time to play. Feels very much like fallout to me. Still exploring the first planet. I always play stealthy so Vasco is annoying, can’t wait to ditch him. I chose the Wanted trait so some mercenaries came after me - can’t use their ship but got the other one that lands. Prob need to get off the planet to start feeling some love for the game though.

I've come across a bug in Starfield which could really fuck up my game. Just at the start of the main quest. Sarah wont talk to me. She says I've still got a mission to finish for someone (which is her I think). I'm trying to do the mission on my own with her following me but not helping. If I do that, I'm hoping it will reset back to normal. If not it may be start again time which would be very frustrating.

I've come across a bug in Starfield which could really fuck up my game. Just at the start of the main quest. Sarah wont talk to me. She says I've still got a mission to finish for someone (which is her I think). I'm trying to do the mission on my own with her following me but not helping. If I do that, I'm hoping it will reset back to normal. If not it may be start again time which would be very frustrating.

I’d describe myself as a casual gamer, these days. I like the occasional half hour blast in the evening once the kids are in bed and that’s about it. Fifa has always been ideal for that purpose, but the gameplay just doesn’t seem as enjoyable these days. Especially not for the outlay!

The kids have been playing Sackboy recently, which is a brilliant little game.
I had a beta link sent to me and have tried FC24 - it's worse gameplay in my opinion (but this is on a Switch), the only positive I can make out is that they've finally brought in the 5 subs

Thanks for that. Unfortunately that is not the mission I am on at the moment. Also I am playing on xbox so no console commands. I am only on the second mission- The Old Neighbourhood. If you see anything about that, please let me know!
Have you played from any earlier saves to see if any would be bug free?

Bad news. I deleted most of my earlier saves the day before. Won’t do that again!

If you're on xbox have you tried quitting the game so it doesn't start via Quick Resume? That can cause a ton of issues.

Interested in this, which did you go for?
RG353P (same as the RG353V but shaped like a SNES pad rather than Gameboy)

Absolutely brilliant. Only tested out a few Dreamcast/Saturn/N64/PSP ones just to see if they play well and the ones I did seemed to (those 4 might have some titles that need settings tweaking to work well or some might not play well even with tweaking). Everything up to PS1 on console and GBA on handheld should play well regardless though.

Had a blast on Crash 1 and Mario Kart 64 which work fine. Now I'm blasting through Pokemon FireRed on GBA!

EDIT - you can spend more and get handhelds which will play all the above fine and even up to PS2, Wii but I kinda just wanted one with a retro feel to it.

Back