• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

The good news is that I completed ’The Old Neighbourhood’ and I’m back in The Lodge and Sarah is happy to chat to me again and happy to head out on a mission with me.

I‘m keeping this save! I’m not going to do much more of the main quest until Bethesda have done some patching.

There are a lot of other things to keep me occupied……..

Finished the main quest and all faction quests in Starfield... and TBH I found it all a bit underwhelming, the ending really did creep up on me when I thought I had loads left to do.

There's enough there to warrant playing NG+ but I think I'll wait for a while until Bethesda start to release some extra content for it.

I really did enjoy it, but whereas it's a good game, it should have been an amazing game, let down a bit by inconsistencies, archaic systems such as inventory management and too many fetch quests.

My absolute highlight was the ending of the Crimson Fleet questline - that was epic.

And now I'm onto Cyberpunk! Only about 5 hours in but I can't believe how incredible it looks and sounds. It's phenomenal - Starfield looks great, particularly with lighting and the 'messy NASA' aesthetic, but Cyberpunk absolutely blows it out of the water in all areas visually.

The storyline is also brilliant - this is the closest I've come to playing a movie with excellent characters and an engaging plot. Oh and Keanu Reeves, obvs.

I can see myself playing this for a very long time - I'll be getting the new DLC too as I've loads of Microsoft points saved up so it won't cost me any actual money.

Finished the main quest and all faction quests in Starfield... and TBH I found it all a bit underwhelming, the ending really did creep up on me when I thought I had loads left to do.

There's enough there to warrant playing NG+ but I think I'll wait for a while until Bethesda start to release some extra content for it.

I really did enjoy it, but whereas it's a good game, it should have been an amazing game, let down a bit by inconsistencies, archaic systems such as inventory management and too many fetch quests.

My absolute highlight was the ending of the Crimson Fleet questline - that was epic.
I agree with a lot of this, although I'm still nowhere near finishing. I've just finished the Ryujin Industries corporate Espionage quest line and I found it really long and very dull. Other quests have been better but I think that is a really poor quest personally.

I agree with a lot of this, although I'm still nowhere near finishing. I've just finished the Ryujin Industries corporate Espionage quest line and I found it really long and very dull. Other quests have been better but I think that is a really poor quest personally.
Yeah the Ryujin one was just dull - definitely the weakest of the faction quests. I didn't enjoy it at all.

When Starfield is good, it's absolutely awesome - there's definitely huge potential and I'm sure Bethesda will add plenty more to the game.

I am really enjoying Starfield although I have only played a little of the main quest and hardly any faction quests. Just doing planet surveys, random quests that I just pick up, and basically just looking around and chatting with people. All the quests I have done (big or small) have been great. No ship building or mining as yet. This suits my game playing. I reckon by the time I have finished the main quest and faction quests there will be DLC and more to do (in about 2 years time)!

The only thing that will stop me playing is if an Oblivion Enhanced Edition is released. I wont be able to resist that!

I am really enjoying Starfield although I have only played a little of the main quest and hardly any faction quests. Just doing planet surveys, random quests that I just pick up, and basically just looking around and chatting with people. All the quests I have done (big or small) have been great. No ship building or mining as yet. This suits my game playing. I reckon by the time I have finished the main quest and faction quests there will be DLC and more to do (in about 2 years time)!

The only thing that will stop me playing is if an Oblivion Enhanced Edition is released. I wont be able to resist that!
haven’t had time to play much. Have sort of done two minor planets and just picked up the Mantis stuff & ship. not even met one of the terror creatures yet though have ventured into a couple caves.

Love open world games and being able to choose how to approach a game. That said I do tend to try to unlock all of the map before doing any quests which probably isn't the right approach.
Got Red Dead on the Switch waiting for me when I get home though as it happens, and a free weekend...

Sorry, back to Starfield.
Picked up two ‘Activity’ quests from over hearing a conversation.
They have took me over 100 hours to complete…..side missions!
What a game! Not even anywhere near doing main quest and faction missions.
People are missing out on a lot of great stuff by rushing through this game.

Ah I miss the days off pissing around on RDR.

45344814_10156909526164443_6704240337541398528_n.jpg

I don't remember Empty Stall playing for us.

Filly Boly is top shit

Back