• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The wolves Way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really, it's confirmed what I knew before starting it .. that a large proportion of "fans" if they dare call themselves that are more concerned with Morgans bank balance than what division we are in or indeed wolves itself. Anyone preferring to stay in a lower league to save money and not advocating bringing players in without flying off at a bizarre tangent screaming we're heading for liquidation like Portsmouth are not fans in my eyes. God knows what they are, on the mix we have papper and north west wanderer who defends anything remotely to do with Morgan which points to ulterior motives probably working for the club in some capacity. A Man united fan defecting to wolves after breaking down in tears at Southampton overwhelmed by how noble our fans were when we lost 6-0 ordering people not to criticise Morgan when he was munching prawn sandwiches at Old Trafford less than a decade ago as a grown man sums up forum life and some of the pondlife like "heres johnny 75" that barely leaves his house. Some decent posters but if this forum of doomsayers scared of the premier league and the mix run by grown men moving from Manchester called "north west wanderer" now working for the club represents the majority of fans I'm mother Teresa.

In all fairness who cares, does it mean that much to you that you had to start this thread and then when it did go into a half decent debate turn it to shit(not on your own on this) I don't agree with half the stuff that is said on this forum but i quite like it based on most arguments are put together with reasons like Penk's reasons for liking league 1 and the Championship. I can't get my head round it but i respect that and i said my piece and moved on.

The attempt at insults by a few and the taking offense to them is childish at best.

Taking offense to an insult is childish ? Maybe I should buy him some flowers and thank him then :tiphat:

Taking offense to an insult is childish ? Maybe I should buy him some flowers and thank him then :tiphat:

Yes childish, kids often complain because someone has called them something that doesn't and will never affect them at all. You just ignore it and move on, who cares what someone on an internet forum that you clearly don't like thinks about you? If you want to buy him some flowers and thank him then by all means do it but it's a bit over the top.

ok, if we don't spend on transfer fees as you imply, how do we sign the players exactly? Buy them a birthday cake or serenade them?

Lower transfer fees isn't the only way to cut down on your net spend, just look at what good Southampton have done with all their profit.

What if Wolves had sold Doyle after that first Premier League season, his stock was at an all time high and his contribution declined from there on, if you could've doubled your money on Doyle that would've paid for Fletcher in the same summer and given equal money as a boost to the wage budget too. Think the big problem in that respect was that so few of Mick's Premier League signings had any subsequent value, some were bought at well above their actual value and others just flopped to an extent that they become worthless.

To go with the comparison against Wigan again you can see a huge difference in that respect, they had their spate of South American signings like Palacios and Valencia who were a fair gamble but both proved themselves in the Premier League and created a healthy profit for Wigan further down the line giving them extra spending power of the likes of Wolves who could only boost their coffers with the loose change picked up from offloading people like Surman.

Let's not forget that Wolves also built a new stand during that 3 year period, which was funded purely through existing cashload I believe? Now whilst that won't be reflected in my net spend table, if anything it makes Wolves high placement more impressive that they were able to fork out for both players and stadium work simultaneously without going into the red overall. It's also a huge chunk of money that would freed up, potentially for extra wages, should Wolves once again find themselves in the Premier League.

To reiterate the point, it wasn't the lack of spending that undid Wolves in the Premier League, it's how the money was spent.

UKIP voter who started posting the day after the general election, & aside from that thread, the ukip thread & this hasn't posted elsewhere.

Also appears to be insulting towards posters who haven't even appeared on this thread or engaged with them.

Talks incessant bullshit.

Who could this be?

Ah fuck it, decided I don't care. I'm out.

Hadn't read this thread since yesterday and just

mushroom-cloud.jpg

UKIP voter who started posting the day after the general election, & aside from that thread, the ukip thread & this hasn't posted elsewhere.

Also appears to be insulting towards posters who haven't even appeared on this thread or engaged with them.

Talks incessant bull$#@!.

Who could this be?

Ah $#@! it, decided I don't care. I'm out.
Probably for the best LJ. Just keep the exit clear for the rest of us to follow.

Thread closed, it's run it's course, just going round in circles.

Just to reiterate an earlier point, this thread was left to run it's cause as there was a good debate to be had in there at one point. It's a shame that certain posters turned it in to a point scoring exercise - so the only logical decision at this point, from an admin and sanity viewpoint, is to close it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back