• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

There goes Julen!

Personally, I think he regrets the action he took particularly as GON has done a half decent job since he took over. If Fosun start getting ambitious in football again then maybe we will need someone with more experience but I don't see that happening in the near future. Perhaps we will reset again in the Summer and show some ambition and that may mean hiring someone like Lope.

I'm not against having him back but I'm not bothered if I never hear of him again.

A very good coach who knows what he’s doing whoever we can do without the circus that follows him.

A very good coach who knows what he’s doing whoever we can do without the circus that follows him.
The circus is his problem.........you're dead right , a good coach that can take a club places up to a point . However , far too much drama surrounds him , and then the manner is which he uses the media is just not right .

How would he have dealt with our VAR issues earlier this season I wonder ?

Be interesting to see if we would have had had the same VAR issues with a more vocal experienced ‘talkative’ coach in charge.

I do think, perhaps unconsciously, VAR bend towards trying to favour the more media coveted teams.

Nah, they're definitely just deliberately targeting Wolves...

GON has been praised for the thoughtful, measured, constructive approach and it's got us nowhere. Lopetegui would have gone nuclear getting Ballague to doorstep Howard Webb, who knows if it'd made a difference.

GON has been praised for the thoughtful, measured, constructive approach and it's got us nowhere. Lopetegui would have gone nuclear getting Ballague to doorstep Howard Webb, who knows if it'd made a difference.
It's not as if we were getting favourable decisions under Lop though.

The narrative across football now is that Wolves are hard done by (Paddy Power etc) you'd have thought that might have a tiny impact on Refs, but apparently not.

Wouldn`t want Lop back, I`d rather have Nuno. Sentiment I know. Both ships have sailed.

Cooper the favourite for Palace if Hodgson goes (which will probably happen if they lose tomorrow vs Brentford, maybe even if they don't win) but they have sounded out our old pal too.

There is absolutely nothing at Crystal Palace that he couldn't have achieved at Wolves if he'd stuck it out.

He can forget West Ham, Moyes is signing a new deal

Personally, I think he regrets the action he took particularly as GON has done a half decent job since he took over. If Fosun start getting ambitious in football again then maybe we will need someone with more experience but I don't see that happening in the near future. Perhaps we will reset again in the Summer and show some ambition and that may mean hiring someone like Lope.

I'm not against having him back but I'm not bothered if I never hear of him again.

I’m with this, I think he regrets it too. He states how much he wants a project, and that’s exactly what Wolves is right now. I think ultimately he threatened walking as he thought it would get him what he wanted. Same with his press comments about the squad being relegation candidates/his interview with Ballbag. It was all a big chess game that he ultimately lost.

He was clearly here for the long haul having moved his family over and has stated a number of times he loves living in Wolverhampton. Every day I’m more and more baffled he didn’t stick it out: sure he got lied to, but we would still probably be on equal points as we are now (or thereabouts), probably less goals scored, and he’d be earning the same plaudits GoN is. Mostly I’m baffled he didn’t stick it out because the manner in which he left will potentially put some Premier League clubs off hiring him. He won’t get a Chelsea/United, I doubt even Villa would go near him to be honest. I think he’ll probably end up at Fulham or somewhere similar.

Obviously he is a superior manager to GoN as he has achieved more, but there is something quite exciting about having a young manager grow with us and this squad. Also, it’s quite nice for it to not be a day at the circus every bloody day.

His career is marked by poor personal strategic choices (particularly the Spain/Real debacle) - this was just the latest.

It’s true. And agreeing to become Wolves manager (supposedly) before Spain swept in.

Not sure if he’s badly advised or just has a bit of an ego on him.

Back