• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

There goes Julen!

Then I really don’t understand the rest of your position at all then.

Ok I'll lay it out.

Completely disrespected some of the best players to put on our shirt.

Said he was fucked about by our owners (he probably was) but didn't quit, caused a load of drama and then fucked 6 days before we start the season, ensuring he lined his fucking pockets as his did.

I actually despise him, not as much as I despise Jeff Shi but it's quite close.

Thanks for coming to my Ted talk.

Even the club propaganda says he stayed to enable a smooth transition. Of course your mileage will vary there.

And if your employers treated you like shit but resigning removed a lump sum due I’m sure you would go down the moral high ground route

If Lopetegui had lied about this don’t you think the clubs client journalists would have seized on this in their articles about him?
You seem to have a far, far higher opinion of the "clubs client journalists" than most on here.

There's no proof of either, it's an opinion isn't it. Yours is different to mine.

I'm happy he's gone, which is why I come across as happy to have O'Neil. I knew Lopetegui had no morals, no respect for our players, Club or fans. That's been beared out, hopefully Cockney Gaz does. If he doesn't, he can fuck off enall.
Are you the messiah? Or.....awaits pile on🤣

I do think he treated Raul badly in that final home game, nobody on here knows whether it was deliberate or not, although the selection at Arsenal was an elaborate double bluff if it was. There was also something that didn't ring true about RAN, Moutinho and Jonny all refusing to attend the same game, yet the 2 still in contract don't seem to have been fined for it. Given Moutinho looks like he's retired, the didn't want to get injured as he has an opportunity lined up line used at the time doesn't hold up. I'm not jumping to the Ws conclusion but there is more to it than we know.

I do think he treated Raul badly in that final home game, nobody on here knows whether it was deliberate or not, although the selection at Arsenal was an elaborate double bluff if it was. There was also something that didn't ring true about RAN, Moutinho and Jonny all refusing to attend the same game, yet the 2 still in contract don't seem to have been fined for it. Given Moutinho looks like he's retired, the didn't want to get injured as he has an opportunity lined up line used at the time doesn't hold up. I'm not jumping to the Ws conclusion but there is more to it than we know.
Yeah, the Moutinho stuff is weird, hopefully we'll find out eventually his side of the story. The smoking gun to prove Lop shot JFK from the grassy knoll it ain't.

You seem to have a far, far higher opinion of the "clubs client journalists" than most on here.
It’s not that. I’m saying club sources have had their chance to bash Lopetegui and it’s been weak crap. If it was his fault with Joao surely they would have fed them that by now?

I think he admitted to misreading the Raul situation. But then he also said he didn’t think it would be his last time (which tallies with him saying he didn’t want to sell him..)

I’m not at all convinced about Lop from a managerial point of view but this pointing the finger at him for everything is ridiculous. If he was here just to line his pockets he still would be here - the lining was done by fosun, chasing him for 3 years and giving him a big contract most likely knowing they couldn’t deliver on the reason for him being interested in us in the first place.

I’m saying club sources have had their chance to bash Lopetegui and it’s been weak crap. If it was his fault with Joao surely they would have fed them that by now?
Or maybe the whole "client journalism" stuff is a load of conspiratorial nonsense on our part?

For example, all summer the noise from the press has been that all is not well with Lopetegui and that he's likely to go and that we don't have a pot to piss in.

Many of us (including me) have stuck our fingers in our ears and just said the press are talking bollocks, yet here we are.

Or maybe the whole "client journalism" stuff is a load of conspiratorial nonsense on our part?

For example, all summer the noise from the press has been that all is not well with Lopetegui and that he's likely to go and that we don't have a pot to piss in.

Many of us (including me) have stuck our fingers in our ears and just said the press are talking bollocks, yet here we are.
It isn't. They are client reporters rather than journalists though. They don't have the brains to be journalists.

You have the story the wrong way round though. The client reporters have been gaslighting us with FFP as an excuse when it's a lack of spending from the club that is the problem.

It's propaganda plain and simple.

If Lop was gone after the Celtic game that's a long chunk of time for actual reporters following the club to investigate and follow up if something was happening with all the noise about.

Fact that everyone at the club kept it schtum and the local sycophants didn't know anything makes it clear its a tap on/tap off situation when it comes to their "insider" news. It's whatever they're allowed to get and publish.

Some of the worst sports beats in American leagues don't have nothing on the quality Wolves have reporting on them. It's been quite a shock tbh. I thought even the E&S was ok a few years back.

It isn't. They are client reporters rather than journalists though. They don't have the brains to be journalists.

You have the story the wrong way round though. The client reporters have been gaslighting us with FFP as an excuse when it's a lack of spending from the club that is the problem.

It's propaganda plain and simple.

You are most likely correct, I would say though that the fact they are thick does contribute. I think they actually believe we are in FFP trouble, obviously it's pretty easy to check out but they don't seem to do a lot of that sort of thing.

Probably been mentioned before and it’s stating the bleedin obvious but Lopetegui obviously told the powers that be, “I can guarantee you at least top ten Premier League but here’s my list of players”, from that moment on it was all over.

Back