• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Things that make you SAD thread.

Leader of the Council overseeing yet another farce of a redevelopment thats fallen flat on its face, presides over a joke redevelopment of one of the few cash generating council ventures (and has to sell away the rights to it whilst footing an ever increasing bill) Get yourself nominated for a night of patting yourself on the back and totally sod the City that your meant to represent

Haven't posted on here for a while but it's somewhere where I can get it off me chest.

My 90 year old mom who lives with us had a really bad fall on Friday night. I'd put her to bed, but she had got up to go to the bathroom. She was in agony and I suspected a broken hip. She also said it felt her leg was just swinging when we managed to get her into bed.She had also hit her head pretty hard on the wood floor. Called for an ambulance and was told it would arrive asap. So we waited. It arrived 11 hours later.

I tried to make her as comfortable as I could during those 11 long hours and to try to keep her awake ( because of the head injury) by lying on the bed beside her and talking to her. She knew that her time of living with us was over. To hear her say ' Thank you both for all you have done for me, I've been really happy here, I'll miss you and the cats' . How I held it together I'll never know.

The previous day before the fall, all 3 of us tested positive for Covid. I can't even go and see mom who had major surgery last night.

Just feel so very sad and now feel like I've abandoned her. Sorry, just needed to put this somewhere, and like in the past , I turn to TWF.

So sorry to hear this, PPB - vent away. This place can definitely help to let things out. I do hope the surgery went well.

Reactions: PPB
Heartbreaking PPB - I hope that your mum recovers.

Ah bloody hell, the world's a mess alright, 11 hours for a bloody ambulance.

Really hope she's OK and by the sounds of it you've been a loving daughter and done everything you can to help her and she knows that.

Fingers crossed for you all

Sorry to hear that PPB, you vent as much as you want, hope they manage to sort your mum out.

Thanks so much for all your comments and support,it really does help.

Mom had surgery and got back on the ward about 10 last night. They said it went well. For anyone that knows my mom, know her to be the most gentle,sweet natured lady you could ever meet. Today she has punched the doctor, and told my sister to ' bugger off, what have I ever done to you' and thrown drinks all over the floor. I'm hoping this is just the drugs making her behave this way .

She has Parkinson's too and the 11 hour wait really took it out on her anxiety wise making her shake violently for all those hours. All I could do was hold her and give her what I was told to give her.......Paracetamol.. for a broken hip. My mom being my mom, never moaned once or complained.

The paramedics were fantastic once they arrived, and they were very apologetic. I now just feel helpless and useless. My sister is breaking her heart at the hospital, and because I've got Covid I can't be there.

Thanks again for your concerns and support, it does help x

It's a horrible situation but you've done the absolute best you can in the circumstances Sue. Your mum seems to appreciate that too.

11 hours is quick for an ambulance nowadays. My next door neighbour had to wait 18 hours with her father when he fell over and broke his hip at home.

When I had a double dislocation and fracture of my ankle last year playing rugby, the call handler said that they wouldn't be able to send an ambulance, call 111 and put the phone down.

You did well to get one at all.

Eldest of my dogs off for an op tomorrow. Got a couple of big lumps that need removing and they also think his spine is borked.

Back when he was a Pup we were told he had an issue with his elbow. Since then he has been on tablets for that. The vet over here thinks thats bollocks and its always been his spine. Double annoyed on that as spend around £300 a year on tablets for his elbow and of course, if its always been his spine its been nearly 8 years without being treated. Great,

Eldest of my dogs off for an op tomorrow. Got a couple of big lumps that need removing and they also think his spine is borked.

Back when he was a Pup we were told he had an issue with his elbow. Since then he has been on tablets for that. The vet over here thinks thats bollocks and its always been his spine. Double annoyed on that as spend around £300 a year on tablets for his elbow and of course, if its always been his spine its been nearly 8 years without being treated. Great,
Hope it goes well.

Good luck with your dog.
Have you got insurance?
Oh yes.

Looking at a rather large bill but will only have to pay £99. Form already with the vets, they fill in the rest tomorrow and return it direct to the insurance company and they settle the bill. Nice and easy

We have insurance too, but with a previous dog (Westie X Yorkie) he had tons of problems. Had to get a lens replaced in his eye - that lasted a fortnight so then had to get his other eye done!
Check the small print Kenny, when my dog reached the age of 7 we only got 75% of costs covered.
Then age of 10 it went down to 60%. Just when you need it most!
Fuckers!

Flo the Labradoodle is now nearly 15 and has monthly injections for her hip problems along with daily tablets.
It costs about £100 per month. We are happy to pay anything to help her. We love her to death.

Our pet insurance pay us back about 60-70% of that which is I think is quite fair….except this month they say they will not pay us anything as they close the case every year and then reopen it…so no payout in the first ‘new’ month of the claim. They will now pay us less because she is older.

These companies….any chance of scamming you out of some money then they will.

We are in Harrogate at the moment on holiday and Flo ate something that made her very unwell.
We went to Vets4Pets (in Pets at Home) on a Sunday afternoon with her and they were fantastic. Would highly recommend them.

We had a terrier called Fitz, one Saturday afternoon we gave him one of those rawhide bones with a knot at each end.
The little fucker chewed the knots off and then chewed them till they were soft enough to swallow. Which he did.
It only took about 3 hours for his stomach to start to swell up, by 9pm he was in rag order, like a balloon and in great pain.
Sat evening no vets open so we took him to Dublin University Emergency Vet Hospital, open 24/7.
They operated on him and kept him in whilst stitches welded and he was fit enough to come home. Emergency operations in there are brilliant but really expensive, but the point was, I picked him up cause walking was tricky and sore cause they opened up his stomach, so I held the dog and they gave my wife a clear plastic bag with several long pieces of rawhide in. Nearly 2kg of the muck. They said it was just sitting in his gut. Can't digest it, had been in there for months!
Fucking shite should be banned! Dogs cant digest it properly.

Oh yes.

Looking at a rather large bill
Actually quite surprised the bill for the op, x-rays, blood tests & the follow up visits have come out less than £1000. Was expecting triple that

Sounds about right actually.
When Dave (Westie X) had his eyes done it was @1600 for that alone. Lasted 2 weeks!

Back