• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Tottenham 1-2 Wolves: Verdict Thread

Yeah I would agree. I liked Mick, but appreciate he rubbed people up the wrong way, other than that they were either boring (Jackett, Lambert, Nuno) or nonsensical (Lage, Zenga, Saunders)
I probably should have said more interesting rather than better. MM and Nuno were and in the case of the latter still is dismissive and therefore not particularly interesting. They wouldn't have given a press conference like that because they didn't want to

Aside from the fact he's performing excellently, I'd imagine it contributes to the fact he seems a bit of a pundit's fave. He gives the press good time, very personable, doesn't duck anything and generally gives honest answers and insight.

Thought we played really well today, Spurs had some huff and puff but weren't overly threatening (Ben Davies should have buried that header though).

The game was won and lost through the wingbacks, Spurs's wingbacks were terrible and ours were very good. Neither Davies or Royal had the legs to track back and they left huge gaps for us to exploit. Semedo was very good defensively as well, kept Son in his pocket all game.

Well after all the misery Spurs gave us in the early 70s it’s so satisfying to be their bogey team 50 years later !

Played really well IMO and should have won by 3 clear goals based on the chances created.

With Cunha out the team didn’t miss a beat.

I’d argue GON’s team is better offensively than Nuno’s but Nuno’s team was stronger defensively.

So pleased to be back in love with the team.

I thought I'd check back on previous results to see when was the last time Wolves did the league double against Spurs . . .

Bloody Hell ! ! ! . . . you have to go back to the 1953/54 season when Wolves won the First Division for the first time.

Watching the goals again for the 156th time, Kilman and Toti surely deserve an assist for our first?

I really worried we’d struggle in an attacking sense without Cunha but, once again, O’Neil proved me wrong.

Tactics were spot on even if it wasn’t pretty at times, but we were fantastic. And we have a lot of excellent players, but Gomes is the jewel in the crown. Semedo was sensational too and has really turned a corner.

This is something really special and long may it continue. I didn’t think we’d see it again after sacking of Nuno but credit to the club.

With a bargain central midfield and central defence it’s a shame we’ve spafffed nigh on £100m on forwards nowhere close to playing.

Back