• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Tottenham 1 Wolves 3: The verdict

Outstanding performance in the 2nd half. Upped the pace and we looked unplayable at times.

What a team and manager we have.

Outstanding and thoroughly deserved result. Raul covered every blade of Wembley's turf. Team selection was spot on, the changes when they came changed the game. We knocked the stuffing out of Spurs and they never came back. Still struggling for words on this one

Oh and Raul MOTM. Brilliant defensive work and great going forwards too.

Still processing that!

We picked up where we had finished in the first half and we were awesome. Doherty and Jonny were arriving in great positions and all the forwards played well which made a huge difference. Spurs had one shot in our penalty area in the whole game - fantastic!

Moutinho was unbelievable when he came on but having taken some stick I have to say I thought Neves was MOTM overall - he was superb. He was the only one putting his foot on the ball first half and second half he really took control. Fair better than Spurs midfield options (which tbf we already knew).

So happy for Costa to get a goal (he's slowly becoming more productive) - and Jimenez to get an away goal was nice too.

Buzzing. I can't wait to watch it back again.

Oh and Raul MOTM. Brilliant defensive work and great going forwards too.

I know he does a lot of running every game, but that was on an energy sapping pitch, and he was everywhere, he never stopped, MOTM for me

Great result. Although was Dendoncker even playing? Was listening on the radio and until he was subbed I'm not sure he was even mentioned.

Dendoncker did well. Worked very hard, showed some good touches on the ball. He was a bit unlucky taking that knock so early on that it took him a while to get going. He's a very good footballer and I hope we make the most of him.

Also - what a save by Rui in the first half

a09987d6d8d78fb37e24468409cf0456.jpg

Harry Kane is an absolute arsehole for his dive.

Great result. Although was Dendoncker even playing? Was listening on the radio and until he was subbed I'm not sure he was even mentioned.
That's radio commentary for you.

What a brilliant second half performance. Moutinho came on to control the mid-field and the momentum of the game but Neves also played extremely well today. As did Costa after he came on, it seems that getting dropped has had a similar effect on him as it had on Jota. That augurs well for the future when Jota is back. Coady, Boly and Bennett were solid at the back and Patricio pulled off a brilliant save from Erickson in the first half. But the most effort of the day came from Jimenez. He simply ran all over the pitch and, in the first half, was dropping back to help the center-mids. His goal was deceptively good and he deserved it after such an effective performance. So, because he was on the field for the whole game, he must be MOTM, along with Moutinho for the impact he made on the game when he came on at 60 mins. A tremendous performance all round and only one criticism of Attwell; he missed a blatant foul (obstruction) by Winks on Caveleiro just before Kane scored in the first half.

What impressed me is how far forward Doc is at 2-1 to play the ball through for Costa

What a brilliant second half performance. Moutinho came on to control the mid-field and the momentum of the game but Neves also played extremely well today. As did Costa after he came on, it seems that getting dropped has had a similar effect on him as it had on Jota. That augurs well for the future when Jota is back. Coady, Boly and Bennett were solid at the back and Patricio pulled off a brilliant save from Erickson in the first half. But the most effort of the day came from Jimenez. He simply ran all over the pitch and, in the first half, was dropping back to help the center-mids. His goal was deceptively good and he deserved it after such an effective performance. So, because he was on the field for the whole game, he must be MOTM, along with Moutinho for the impact he made on the game when he came on at 60 mins. A tremendous performance all round and only one criticism of Attwell; he missed a blatant foul (obstruction) by Winks on Caveleiro just before Kane scored in the first half.

He also didn't give what looked like a stonewall penalty for Willy's foul on Kane

Well the first game on MOTD dream has gone

Maybe. It depends how big of an upset they think ours is. Liverpool will have been favoured to beat Arsenal, maybe not by this much but still. If their 2nd half peters out still think we could make first - ultimately they want talking points, Spurs having been in such strong form and us basically dominating them 2nd half is a lot to cover. Plus they can talk about Poch to Man Utd some more :angel:

Anyway, delighted with that, obvs. I was about to type something about us actually having pretty good depth in midfield now where more than a few of us were worried a few months ago, and then I remembered Doc just played another 90 minutes and was still getting forwards 80+ mins in. It's been said many times but credit to him for getting into the shape that he's in.

Traore deserves some praise as well as he was generally very good in his time on. One or two instances of running the ball out of play or it bouncing off him but he played a lot more with his head up, generally made the correct decisions, and looked a genuine controlled threat, rather than a mini tornado that you don't know what its going to do.

Was a bit worried for Cav as it wasn't his best first half but he responded well and picked up 2nd half, as did they all. Should keep his place if Traore can't make Palace, IMO. In which case, come on down Helder Costa. It took you a while :happy: here's hoping he can push on from this like Jota did from his first.

Dunno I could type all night but I'm just delighted with that. Its the result Arsenal away should have been, if that makes sense. At halftime at 1-0 I always thought we were in with a shout, away from home, at a team in the top 2 of the country who'd just spanked their previous 2 opponents who are similar midtable teams to ourselves. I'm too young to remember the 70s team(s) but in my lifetime this bunch are like nothing who have come before them. Under Mick if we had been in at halftime 1-0 half the time I'd be praying it didn't get any worse, now I'm thinking to myself we can win this. Fantastic way to cap a genuinely historic year.

Back