• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Vacate the middle: boot the ball long

We are bloody awful though because of these new tactics that Nuno and his staff have come up with. Unless it suddenly begins to work or we go back to what we were good at last year he will get the sack because we will continue to lose games. He’s more than capable of getting it right, just hope he does and starting today.

It looks like it is through the whole club. I presume this has been agreed by all coaches and the Sporting Director. I would say the data analysts and the likes of Cathro have had a huge input on this.

They need a rethink of this strategy as it isn't going to ever work.

You have to try new things and it doesn't really matter who came up with it, they've given it a go and it's failed. You move on (or back to what was working) and go again.

The worst thing we could do is persist with this, it'll get us relegated and ruin any youth coming through.

And get Nuno the sack !!

I hope it doesn't come to that, he's the best manager in my lifetime and it would be a shame for him to stick with this as he's far better than that.

Yep, the PL is short-term and dog-eat-dog, but the last thing any of us want is to see the Nuno era ripped up. He's earned a fair bit of patience from Fosun, but also if he adopts new methods and they're counter-productive we need him to react in a timely fashion before it becomes a horror run...

Remember when Gary Rowett said his team tried to press wolves in the middle? And couldn't because we weren't there?

This isn't a new tactic lads...

We are bloody awful though because of these new tactics that Nuno and his staff have come up with. Unless it suddenly begins to work or we go back to what we were good at last year he will get the sack because we will continue to lose games. He’s more than capable of getting it right, just hope he does and starting today.

Totally agree. Point is we have been the architects of our own downfall so far, and played so poorly that we've made teams that are at best average look far superior. Everton are a poor side and we struggled, Chelsea are a fringe top 6 side this season I think, and they destroyed us. Nuno has to change things fast. If we lose today we will be firmly entrenched in a relegation dog fight already because confidence will be shot.

Remember when Gary Rowett said his team tried to press wolves in the middle? And couldn't because we weren't there?

This isn't a new tactic lads...

We played 3-4-3 and the CMs pulled wide to receive the ball and open up the switch of play. We don’t do that anymore.

Neves plays sweeper and the other midfielders play up front. Anyway, obviously something is changing today based on the team.

Back