• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Blame Game

And Leno vs Doc <<<<< anything Rui has ever done in an aerial contest. Pathetic stuff.

There are three keepers in the league who I would say are better than Rui. Ederson. Allison. De Gea.

He is number 4 for me. Lloris makes a MILE more fuck ups, and Leno and Kepa aren't as good. Schmeichel* is a bang average impersonation of his dad.

*is it really that hard to spell it right? Hardly an elusive name. Only keeper of the best team in the country for over a decade.

De Gea is better but wasnt from January and then De Lonergan for the last month

Suggesting that Rui hasn't had an impact on our final league position is just nonsense.

I'd go further than that and say that if Rui had played at Wembley we'd have won that game. He's one of the best keepers in the world for saving penalties and even if he does get beaten by Deeney there's no way he gets beaten the way Ruddy did for their 3rd.

Suggesting that Rui hasn't had an impact on our final league position is just nonsense.

I'd go further than that and say that if Rui had played at Wembley we'd have won that game. He's one of the best keepers in the world for saving penalties and even if he does get beaten by Deeney there's no way he gets beaten the way Ruddy did for their 3rd.

Without Ruddy we wouldn't have been in the semi final?
Ruddy has saved more penalties for Wolves than Rui.
We finished three points clear of Everton. Rui cost us two at Cardiff. Already losing before his Huddersfield howler. Only one goal down to him v Watford so that's it points wise. Would we have been more than five points worse off with JR?
I concede I am a Ruddy fan and Rui ,whilst an upgrade to me isn't a huge leap. I said it when he signed and nothing I have seen in 38 live TV games changed my mind. I completely agree re speed off his line but I struggled to think off times when that won us points. Man city maybe. West ham maybe two points. So I think at worse we are two points worse off with JR. Still 7th.

Absolute bollocks. Outrageous nonsense.

I completely agree re speed off his line but I struggled to think off times when that won us points.

Eh? Due to this he stops numerous attacks before they turn into chances.

But if you an example of points clearly saved by it...West Ham away. When Arnie got beyond Coady he was not expecting Rui to be where he is

I have read some fucking tosh in my time, but this outdoes the entire Steve Bruce back catalogue.

I have read some fucking tosh in my time, but this outdoes the entire Steve Bruce back catalogue.
I'd be very impressed if you have read the entire Steve Bruce back catalogue.

I mentioned west ham.
A bit OTT re tosh and Bruce but hyperbole and all that.

I get it, you guys think Rui is the Mutts nuts.

I think he is an excellent keeper, and voted him second in the list for definitive. He is not perfect.

Stop being quite so defensive. I am not calling for his transfer! You lot will be getting Rui tattoos at this rate.

West Ham away we lose without the save - 3
Man City home we lose - 1
Utd at home we lose - 3
Big save from Harvey Barnes at home - who knows

Just off top of my head.

Ruddy was at fault for 75% of the goals against Shrews. So yes you’re talking bollpcks.

West Ham away we lose without the save - 3
Man City home we lose - 1
Utd at home we lose - 3
Big save from Harvey Barnes at home - who knows

Just off top of my head.

Ruddy was at fault for 75% of the goals against Shrews. So yes you’re talking bollpcks.
off to the tattoo shop you trot. I don't mind reasoned disagreement but s too calling it bollocks! Utd at home? We could have had 5! Fuck me!

off to the tattoo shop you trot. I don't mind reasoned disagreement but s too calling it bollocks! Utd at home? We could have had 5! Fuck me!
You are talking bollocks. Pure, unadulterated horse shit.

United at home we would've been 2 or 3 down and game over after about 20 minutes if it wasn't for Rui pulling off a string of world class saves.

United away he keeps us in the game with an outrageous save just before half time.

Crystal Palace away he makes an amazing double save and we go on to win the game.

Chelsea at home he makes a world class save to deny Willian from a free kick.

There's another couple, just off the top of my head. You're talking out your arse.

John Ruddy had a 100% league clean sheet record so if he'd played every game we'd have won the league.

You see I can make bollocks up too. As usual with a Cyber debate everything has to be polarised and that's aimed at both sides.
Did Rui have a decent season?- yes
Did he make some crucial saves? - yes
Did some of those saves win us points? - yes
How many? Impossible to say nobody knows what would have happened if hed not made them.
Did he make some mistakes? - yes
Did some of those mistakes cost us points? - yes
Home many? - Equally impossible to say
Is he a Top 2 PL keeper? - No
Is he a Top 10 PL keeper? - Yes
Where in that Top 10? - difficult to benchmark. De Gea is a better keeper, Rui had a better season for example
Is he a better keeper than Ruddy? - Yes
How many points extra did we get/not get because he played instead of him? - Impossible to say, but as he is the better keeper it is reasonable to assume it would be higher
Would he have saved any of the Cup Semi goals? - Impossible to say, although I personally can't see how you can blame Ruddy for the first two and I think Watford would have scored a third at some point
Was he one of our Top 3 players? - both TWF and fan votes would suggest not. Fabianski won West Ham's because of the number of saves he was forced to make, not because he is a better keeper.
Did he have many MOTM performances? - no equally we didn't concede a bucket load of goals or require him to have a Nigel Martyn on Easter Monday '89 game, so very difficult for him to have done so.
Could he do better next season? - Every player can, although it's not where I would begin to look for year on year improvements.

John Ruddy had a 100% league clean sheet record so if he'd played every game we'd have won the league.

You see I can make bollocks up too. As usual with a Cyber debate everything has to be polarised and that's aimed at both sides.
Did Rui have a decent season?- yes
Did he make some crucial saves? - yes
Did some of those saves win us points? - yes
How many? Impossible to say nobody knows what would have happened if hed not made them.
Did he make some mistakes? - yes
Did some of those mistakes cost us points? - yes
Home many? - Equally impossible to say
Is he a Top 2 PL keeper? - No
Is he a Top 10 PL keeper? - Yes
Where in that Top 10? - difficult to benchmark. De Gea is a better keeper, Rui had a better season for example
Is he a better keeper than Ruddy? - Yes
How many points extra did we get/not get because he played instead of him? - Impossible to say, but as he is the better keeper it is reasonable to assume it would be higher
Would he have saved any of the Cup Semi goals? - Impossible to say, although I personally can't see how you can blame Ruddy for the first two and I think Watford would have scored a third at some point
Was he one of our Top 3 players? - both TWF and fan votes would suggest not. Fabianski won West Ham's because of the number of saves he was forced to make, not because he is a better keeper.
Did he have many MOTM performances? - no equally we didn't concede a bucket load of goals or require him to have a Nigel Martyn on Easter Monday '89 game, so very difficult for him to have done so.
Could he do better next season? - Every player can, although it's not where I would begin to look for year on year improvements.
which is mostly I said, but once again people like to pick a fight. I cant find any where other than here that says Rui is world class. Roll on next season. Some on here are bored already

You are talking bollocks. Pure, unadulterated horse shit.

United at home we would've been 2 or 3 down and game over after about 20 minutes if it wasn't for Rui pulling off a string of world class saves.

United away he keeps us in the game with an outrageous save just before half time.

Crystal Palace away he makes an amazing double save and we go on to win the game.

Chelsea at home he makes a world class save to deny Willian from a free kick.

There's another couple, just off the top of my head. You're talking out your arse.

Firstly calm down !

Secondly youre right.

It was the cup game I was thinking of where we could have had a hatfull. My mistake. I can make them. You are right about Rui in that league game he did keep us in it.

Back